Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Workfront View - the Mobile App

Level 3
Is anyone using this app actively? Is it providing value to your organization (if, so how)? My leadership has expressed high interest in the app, however, Workfront has shared that the app has not been actively developed in several years. I'm hesitant to invest time & effort into the app if Workfront is not doing the same... Appreciate your insight & experiences! Thank you Jodi Biscevic International Operations
7 Replies

Level 10
We have some people that use the app. I use it for Contacts actually. But that's incorrect that they haven't developed it in years. They recently had an upgrade in this last release (I believe). So they are keeping it up to date and improving it. Same goes for the Outlook Plug in. Both had some early struggles, but I believe they've improved them both quite a bit. In fact, you just reminded me to inform my users about both apps �� . I can't say whether it's useful for you or not as it depends on your use cases. But some of our Techs do stuff out in the field and they can easily see and update their Tasks/Issues. It also comes in handy when I'm in a meeting with just my phone and I want to create a task for myself so I don't forget. There's other uses of course, but I'd say it's pretty solid now and worth a look. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
You mean the iPad app? It's not had an update since August 2016 and from what I remember it's fairly light i.e. you can only view built-in reports. Jamie Hill JLL

Level 2
Hi Everyone, I am Stefan a Product Manager of Workfront Mobile and Workfront View. That is true, that we didn't have any updates in the last 2 years. The main reason for this is low usage of Workfront View. We have a long-term plan to add the same features of Workfront View into Workfront Mobile. I hope this helps. In the meantime, I would like to know why is Workfront View important for you ? What is there in Workfront View, that is not available in Workfront Mobile ? Thanks Stefan Radisavljevic Workfront

Level 9
Hello - many in my instance use the Mobile App (iOS or Android) which has been updated semi frequently - last update brought the new Home landing area and included ability to enter requests. BUT it seems there might be a bit of a terminology breakdown here -- can you provide links to what Workfront Mobile and Workfront View is? John Seitz ESPN

Level 3
Workfront has two apps --- Workfront Mobile (for phones & tablets) & Workfront View (for tablets only). Workfront View is a View Only app - - it provides out of the box reports and charts. The intended user base is likely leadership and executives who need the 30,000 foot view of how projects are progressing. I've confirmed Workfront does not have training or documentation for the View app, nor do they tend to produce any as they believe the app is intuitive enough. We've found challenges with the app due to lack of ability to customize things. You do have the ability to filter the data....but we for example have implemented custom statuses & those custom statuses are not available in the app.... so we are limited with what we can filter. Stefan - thank you for your input! That is really helpful. We are new adopters of Workfront. My leader stumbled on the app & liked the high level reporting view it can provide to our executive staff. As we looked further, we are finding some of the reports unhelpful/misleading based on how we are using the tool. I think I need to spend time showing him that we have the ability to create dashboards within Workfront with that same/similar functionality customized to our needs. Jodi Biscevic International Operations

Level 1
Hi Stefan, We use Workfront View everyday, and our leadership has been using the application to review the programs and projects on a very high level. Sad to find out from this thread the application has not have gone through updates in years. That explains why we've been witnessing some bugs, i.e. some charts and descriptions are missing. Would be great if all and more improved features of Workfront view are added into mobile. Also extremely helpful if the app becomes available in other mobile platforms such as Android and Windows. To answer your questions; why Workfront view is important to us and what's in there that's not available in mobile, here are some answers: Workfront is important to us because our executives use the app as they are mostly on the move within or outside of the airport terminal. A high level view of projects on the move is important. The app is portable and can be easily viewed by execs anywhere, including mirroring onto TV Workfront View shows graphical representations of valuable project performance (Cost, Schedule, Condition), shows updates and last notes, and the user can post comments, most features not present in mobile. Cons - Workfront View is only available in iPad. Please develop the app and make it available for iPhone and other platforms (Android, Windows, etc.) Cons - We cant view the business case, in both View and Mobile Hope this helps the case in offering updates to Workfront View and Mobile. Edmund Quintana Baggage & IT Dept

Level 2
Hi Edmund, The feedback was very helpful and thank you a lot for explaining the main reason for using the View. We currently work on reports for mobile and I would like to have discussion and getting your feedback to understand whether new reports feature for mobile can help you with stop using Workfront View. Please let me know how we can schedule a short 30 minute call to understand all your needs and transfer them into mobile app and then to iPad and Android Tablet. Thanks a lot. Stefan Radisavljevic Workfront