Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Workfront Proof - approval on worklist

Level 2

The creator of the proof is set = Author.  I did this because I believed they would NOT get approval reminders on their worklist - but they do!  How do I set up the proof creator to NOT get anything added to their worklist?  I am also having them add a different person as the Owner of the Proof.  The owner is a Reviewer / Approver.   

7 Replies

Level 7

Can you describe the functionality you wish to achieve?

Level 2

I would like to have the Proof Creator be able to create proofs, add versions, make & resolve comments, but they do NOT approve proofs.  The Proof Marketer (typically the Requestor) is responsible for managing the Review process.  They (you suggested the workflow, good approach) can be the owner of the Proof, Review & comment, send out to others for Review & Approval.  Everyone is onboard with minimizing the notifications for new versions, proof is ready, etc.  (Designers, writers, HTML coders all like to resolve comments - but the notifications are too much thus the need to unchecking the Notify check box on the Proof Page.)  With the simple workflow to add the Marketing Requestor as the owner & uncheck the notify box when creating the proof - is great - just trying to get rid of the worklist item for the Author / Proof Creator.  

Level 7

I think that there is a proofing role called Moderator which is intended to fill the role you're describing.  There might be a way to have the artist maintain authorship and have a coordinator type position fill in as Moderator and as such they can route the proofs.

Level 2

Thank you, I just tested it.  No dice.  I was using the Author Role since the documentation says that role doesn't 'View approval requests in Home Area'.  Appreciate the help. 

Level 7

If you have access to the ProofHQ backend - have you tried adjusting the default proof preferences for the specific users you're talking about?

Default Proof Settings - You can try adjusting the default proof role

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 7.57.27 AM.png

Default email alert settings

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 7.57.31 AM.png

Level 2

Hi Erika,

I found this webinar in Workfront Wednsday extremely to the point (min 11:15).
There is a clear explanation on roles in Proofing workflow since the naming "owner" and "moderator" are kind of misleading. You should set the one that has uploaded the proof just as reviewer. Watch the webinar, I found it full of insights on proofing (free with registration)
https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2190107/0FC602AEF740536443B863E09EEB4C96?partnerref=social
Marco

Level 2

Thank you - I'll take a look at the Webinar.