Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Workfront Power User Idea Exchange

Level 8
Hi Community! Last week my manager and I held a meeting that we called the "Workfront Power User Idea Exchange." (we borrowed the Idea exchange theme for an hour, hope that's okay!) Our "Power Users" are the workers, planners and system administrators that represent the following departments at Diversified Communications: Marketing Services (Print, Web, Inbound, Data, Email & Marketing Ops) COR (Customer Service, Registration & Operations) PMO, IT OSS (Office Support Services). Participation was high and there were a surprising number of smiling faces in the room. I think the fact that we had different representatives from each team sharing out on the different topics below, allowed us to reach & relate to just about everyone in the room. I am one of the most enthusiastic about Workfront in my company, so it's the easiest thing for me to talk about and the same is true for my manager. We've struggled to get some of the other teams as excited about it as we are, but this turned out to be a great start to the new year for our Workfront users. I wanted to share the "what to expect" email that went along with the meeting invite, in case it inspires others! An informal conversation with the BEST Workfront users in the company. Have a general question? Is something in Workfront bugging you? Do you have a suggestion or something you think needs to be improved? Bring it, because all the folks who can help you will be together in the room! A look at of some of the customizations & features our different teams are using : Amanda (from Reg) will share some of the dashboards and views / filters that her team is using to organize work. She'll talk about a different way of doing timesheets that makes logging easier. Steph (from Marketing Services) will share a few different layout templates that team members are using to stay organized, depending on their role. Syd (from Marketing Services) will share a new custom form she made to track WHY work is late. And Heather (from PMO) is going to show us how her team uses WF to view projects in "Agile" And a share out of some quick tips and tricks that will make your day a little easier We're hoping that there will be a lot of group participation, so please come with any questions you have, and we hope you'll leave with some great ideas for how you can make Workfront even better for your team. Thanks for reading! -Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Very interesting - thanks Sydney. I'll get one of these running soon. David Cornwell

Level 5
Sydney- I'd love to see the dashboard that your folks from Marketing Services built to show WHY work was late! :) Karen Karen Rutz Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development

Level 3
HI Sydney, I agree, would love to see the report/dashboard on why projects are late. Please post if you don't mind - Thanks! Christine Fecik Creative Traffic Manager Workfront System Admin Elekta

Level 2
Sydney - I would be very interested in seeing any of the dashboards, layouts, etc. that you're able to share! I'm sure we can pick up some great ideas for better organizing & using WorkFront to facilitate getting the work done! Dana Henke CUNA Mutual Group

Level 8
I will put something together tonight for those who are interested! :) Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
Great Idea....keep us posted! :) Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 8
Hi all! Just letting you know I HAVEN'T forgotten about this! It's our busiest time of year and my teammate is on maternity leave. BUT, I will be coming back to this to share my "Why It's Late" dashboard probably some time over the weekend. I'll keep you posted ASAP! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.