Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Workfront Portfolios

Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have multiple portfolios and pull data (objects, fields, etc) into consolidated reports, effectively making a single reported portfolio?  Do I lose any functionality when comparing projects or programs across portfolios?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi - you can definitely filter on multiple portfolio and program IDs when you are building a report.

One tip though, especially if you are looking to do Matrix groupings or charts, I would put a calculated field on the Project's custom form to capture the Portfolio and Program Name. For filtering, you will still use something like Task >> Project Portfolio ID, but for the grouping you can use the Custom field and actually display the name (since the ID is the only thing on the object itself and if you switch to text mode, you can't do Matrix or Charts)

{portfolio}.{name}

{program}.{name}

Hope that makes sense for a Monday morning  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi - you can definitely filter on multiple portfolio and program IDs when you are building a report.

One tip though, especially if you are looking to do Matrix groupings or charts, I would put a calculated field on the Project's custom form to capture the Portfolio and Program Name. For filtering, you will still use something like Task >> Project Portfolio ID, but for the grouping you can use the Custom field and actually display the name (since the ID is the only thing on the object itself and if you switch to text mode, you can't do Matrix or Charts)

{portfolio}.{name}

{program}.{name}

Hope that makes sense for a Monday morning  

Level 1
Level 1

Hi IMGRUND,

Yes I think this makes sense.  Thank you!