Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront configured as a CRM tool?

Level 4

Hi, has anyone attempted to configure Workfront to work as a half-way house to a CRM tool?

We are not a huge organisation and are considering CRM solutions as currently alot of work done using MS office docs and email. A CRM implementation is a considerable piece of work though and was wondering if anyone had attempted to use Workfront as a 'CRM-lite' solution as a stepping stone towards a full CRM solution e.g. Salesforce?

If so, how did it work out?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Richard,

Yes, we've done so several times, to varying degrees of success. CRM is a pretty broad swath, so if you have more details, I'd encourage you to add them here to solicit more specific responses; but (that aside) I'd encourage you to pick a few usecases and try modeling it out.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

Hi Richard,

As a small company we set up a project with tasks (clients) to track business development activities. We built a custom form to capture information on clients and created a view so the sales staff could quickly see what they needed. The sales staff would simply add updates. We utilized this for two years.

We are now trying/testing salesforce for a few features the sales team deem as valuable.

Regards.

Paul