Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Workfront 101 question on Custom Forms re: Form Sharing

Level 5

If I select "remove system wide access so that only people in this list can see it" - what does that do? Does that mean no one else will be able to see the form and fill out the fields in Workfront where we have queues set up? Or is this only applicable to visibility of the form in the Custom Forms area under Setup?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

It will hide the form from those not on the list wherever that form is attached; issue, task, project, etc..

That being said, I don't share anything "system-wide" because that includes external, requestor and reviewer accounts. I share via company, teams, or groups instead.

Level 10

As @Randy Roberts‚ said, removing it will mean you know have to explicitly say who can see it (say, when creating new projects, using templates, starting a request, etc.), which truly is best practice.

We've opted for an IT-like approach and always share by Group and never by individuals, and never Sytem-Wide.

Level 5

Thanks for this additional clarification. I wish we set these up this way from the beginning... this will definitely be in our backlog for cleaning up our WF instance.

Level 10

Oh I know the feeling. When we launched we had it all System-Wide, and then we thought we had "learned" and then did it by Roles. *cringe*

So we ended-up re-doing it yet again to get the Groups. *oof*

It wasn't so much that we didn't understand the premise (we have a fair bit of IT experience in our group), but we launched so fast (less than 6 months) we didn't get a full understanding of Companies/Groups/Teams/Roles and their place in permissions before we went Live.

We do have another "re-do" planned, and that is implementing sub-groups. I'm stalling in the hopes that WF will implement drag-n-drop support for moving groups and subgroups around. ;-)