Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why Do Tasks Show Ready To Start In My Work Area When They Aren't?

Level 5
We set the UAT Fixes task to match the planned completion date of the UAT using a FF (finish-to-finish) option to ensure the resource is available to complete this by the time UAT is planned to be done. In this example, UAT is planned (scheduled) to be completed 9/19 and therefore we expect the resource may have an hour of time of Fixes by the end of UAT. When UAT is triggered with the Complete-Pending Approval the projected dates "stop" because Workfront thinks it is done and only needs an approval, but we manage to the planned dates first as those are the ones we are scheduling on. So in this scenario it makes sense that task 14 is considered ready to start based on its predecessor; however, task 17 is no where near ready to start. Can anyone help me to understand why this is showing up, even under the grouping "Later". Based on its predecessors, it isn't anywhere close to being ready to start. Thanks Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation
1 Reply

Level 10
Yeah Workfront does kinda consider a Task or Issue that has a Status of "Complete – Pending Approval" as a Complete Task or Issue. I noticed that with an Issue I changed to "Complete – Pending Approval" – I could no longer find the Issue in the Open Issues tab. It was in the Completed Issues tab, even though the Approval wasn't done yet. So based on that, I believe that's what's happening with your Task. Workfront is considering it Complete, even if the Approval isn't done yet and thus any successor tasks are now "Ready to Start" regardless of whether they're using FS, FF, SS, etc. I'm not saying it's right, but I believe that's what's happening. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT