Expand my Community achievements bar.

Who uses Issues functionality to capture/track/resolve team action items related to projects?

Level 1
Who uses Issues functionality to capture/track/resolve team action items related to projects?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
We do. We have an issue type of “Action Item” that we use. That means we create an issue, tag it as an Action Item, attach the correct custom form/attributes and move ahead from there. We looked at using tasks not associated with projects (see below), but boy, that gets out of hand too quickly and we stopped that within a week. There was too much work taking place not associated with the correct project, so we stopped that approach. MyWork - Working On - New Task [cid:image001.jpg@01D2AA05.ACEDCDF0] Does that help? Thanks, Eric

Level 2
Hi @Lucas Eric , I realize this is an old post you responded to but I am looking for the same type of set-up. I was wondering what you mean by "tagging" it (through your custom form?) or is there another means? I am also wondering how you report on these open team actions until they are resolved? I have built a Stage Gate process for our product development platform and I'm trying to build a way to track each week the progress that has been made on all of these assignments (they will be Issues I'll build in each of their own respective projects I think) . I think you uploaded a pic but it isn't able to be opened. Would you be willing to share here on offline your process? Thanks! Lori Lori George Pacific Foods, Portland, OR Senior Marketing Operations Manager lori.george@pacificfoods.com

Level 10
hey Lori, you can read more about customizing issue types here: title= >https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-and-Customizing-Default-Issue-Types-6964229... Depending on your workflow, you might look at customizing statuses on your issue type, else have a custom form for issue status and require assignees to fill out fields in there. -skye

Level 2
Ah yes, thanks! I actually did this for the different Stage Gate Status I created at the project level. I wasn't thinking to use those at the issue level yet and was trying to figure out how to use the custom form route instead. Thanks Skye! Lori Lori George Pacific Foods, Portland, OR Senior Marketing Operations Manager lori.george@pacificfoods.com