Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Who Is Wearing Many Hats?

Level 10

Here's a way to find out which users are set up to perform more than one Job Role:

+ create a User Report

+ along with User Name, add this column in text mode to see the user's roles and time percentages:

displayname=All Job Roles

linkedname=direct

listdelimiter=<br/>

listmethod=nested(userRoles).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT({role}.{name}, " @ ",{timePercentage},"%")

valueformat=HTML

width=150

+ set the filter using this text mode (with thanks to @William English‚ for the brilliant idea of using the timePercentage not equal to 100 to pluck off those users with more than one role)

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=USRROL

EXISTS:a:timePercentage=100

EXISTS:a:timePercentage_Mod=ne

EXISTS:a:userID=FIELD:ID

+ run the report

In my case, this returned the 24 users (out of over 22 thousand users) that had more than one role assigned to them...in about 5 seconds!

Regards,

Doug

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Your timing is spot-on; I've been waiting a few days for Support to tell me how to do this and this morning here it is from the Community instead. THANKS!

Level 3

Fantastic thank you Doug! Perfect timing, I've been looking for something like this as we havent fully utilised Job Roles. We're also looking at integrating Skills Base (Skills Management tool - https://www.skills-base.com/) into WF. Have you heard of others using Skills Base or other Skill Management tools into WF?

Level 10

My pleasure -- glad it helped!

I've not heard of Skills Base, but it sounds like it would be an interesting integration, and reminds me of how our Assign Resources solution overloads Workfront's Role object to allow for more granular (skill-related) assignments.

Regards,

Doug