Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Where is Custom Form Used?

Level 10

So it looks like I can determine what custom form a field is used on, but I can't seem to figure out how to do "Where is a given custom form being used?"

In this example, I have a pre-existing task form, but due to it being created by another admin, not sure where it has been use, if it was ever used, or is it in current use. We think it may be a form no one has used in a while and would like to re-use the form and it's fields for a current use case. But we don't want to do that if it's in active use.

3 Replies

Level 5

In one of the Adobe sessions they shared a report with the following text mode.  Choose Report for your report type and add this text mode in the filter.  It will show you any active custom forms that have not been attached to a project or template in the last year.  You can modify the dates to your needs.

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=PROJ
EXISTS:A:entryDate=$$TODAY-1y
EXISTS:A:entryDate_Mod=gt
EXISTS:A:objectCategories:categoryID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:A:objectCategories:categoryID_Mod=cicontains
EXISTS:B:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:B:$$OBJCODE=TMPL
EXISTS:B:objectCategories:categoryID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:B:objectCategories:categoryID_Mod=cicontains
catObjCode=PROJ
catObjCode_Mod=in
isActive=true
isActive_Mod=eq

Community Advisor

Hey Calvin,

The approach I would take is to create a task report with the following EXISTS filter:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:ID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:a:objectCategoriesMM:ID=YOUR CUSTOM FORM ID HERE
EXISTS:a:objectCategoriesMM:ID_Mod=in

This will return all tasks in the system that has that custom form attached. Then a simple sort by entry date would give you an indication of when it was last used. You could also add the custom fields from this form to your report view to assess to what degree the form is being used.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rich. 

Community Advisor

In your task report, just select from the filters given. In the Categories section you should have one called ID. Just type in the name of your form and select it.