Expand my Community achievements bar.

Where did the EDIT function for Updates go?

Level 2
Hi All, Is it me or did the edit function for updates have disappeared? In the previous release, you can edit your Updates (message) after you entered it. Now it seems that you can only trash it. It could be me, so help on this is greatly appreciated. We currently have use cases where a thread was started in an "Update" with multiple replies, however, there was a typo and in order to modify or edit, you would now have to post a new thread. WF Product Managers, any thoughts on this? Peter Tran The Pokemon Company International
12 Replies

Level 2
I noticed that yesterday too, curious to see the response here. And of course my typo was on an update to our executives... Harry Thompson Lowe's Companies, Inc.

Level 10
Hi Harry, I hope your typo wasn't as bad as having spell checker (correctly) fail to point out that you'd missed the "L" on your title page of your report to the Department of Public Works. True story. I'm speculating, but in other forums (as I read this week again in slashdot), it is fashionable to deny users the ability to edit comments; the rationnaile being that by doing so, those commenting will mind their manners, which - at least in such public (...he typed, slowly and carefully) forums that allow anonymous posts. Doing so intentionally within a secure business application intended for (typo-free) internal collaboration though...? I prefer to think it was a minor bug, and that the Edit button will return in the next release. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
I don't think there ever was an edit option, only delete. Or was it on Proof only?

Level 10
Ah: I concur, Adina. It was a delete button I'm remembering, used, and look forward to seeing again. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
The trash can icon is still there, it just moved next to the Like link (and it's really small)

Level 10
I agree, I don't remember an Edit option being available – and I thought I would have noticed because I would LOVE that. But I could have missed it. If it is available – let's get it fixed �� . That and Tagging someone AFTER you've submitted the comment.

Level 2
I'm getting feedback from my power users who are claiming that the EDIT function was there in previous releases. Let's wait to hear back from the Product team for confirmation. Peter Tran The Pokemon Company International

Level 10
Same here, my fellow admin and I were shocked that we would have missed an edit update button - we've never seen it. However, we've also had one report from a user who said that updates had disallowed no user being tagged on a thread starter from being sent but she couldn't get it to do so anymore. So we're thinking that WF may have pulled back some things from the release that are not just supposed to be there yet? Polly Co

Level 10
Yeah but Pokémon users are accustomed to making stuff up, no? �� Sorry, I just saw that you worked for Pokémon and couldn't resist �� . Totally kidding. I would be curious to find out if some people have the feature and others don't.

Level 10
Hi all, I can confirm from the Workfront side that we never had an Edit option for comments, unfortunately. Currently, it is on the roadmap and you can track progress on "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000867747-I-want-to-be-able-to-edit-my-comments" this Idea Exchange pos t if you are interested. Anna ANNA GRIGORYAN Group Product Manager Workfront

Level 3
Just to add to this, there IS an edit option on the Proofing Viewer, which has led to some confusion for our users in the past, because they'll edit their comment on the Proof, but their original comment remains on the Updates tab of the document, with no indicator to let people know it's outdated (and the new edit never shows up in Updates either). The worst case caused one of our designers to do almost double the work because the original comment was drastically different from the edited one, but usually they catch the difference and it just brings the process to a screeching halt until the discrepancy has been sorted out. Mike Perez Tailored Brands

Level 2
Thank you Anna ! Great to hear from you. I'll share your feedback with my end users and we'll look forward to getting that EDIT function in the updates. Best, Peter Tran Peter Tran TPCi