Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

When I create a task from an issue, it assigns it to me automatically. How do I fix that?

Level 1

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Sandra Chesire‚

Sorry but your question is not very clear in regard to creating issue either from a project or from a request routing.

If I create an issue in my project, it does not do that. Else, if you have mentioned yourself in request routing then it will create for you even.

Mvh

Kundan

Level 1

Hi Kundan - Thank you for the reply. I don't want it to automatically assign it to myself. Usually, I assign it to someone on my team. I've searched all the settings and can't find anything. This is converting an issue to a task, no project is involved. This is also in the new experience, not the classic. Thanks again!

Sandy

Level 7

In my environment, the conversion of an Issue to a Task will inherit the assignment that is currently on the Issue. If nobody is assigned to the Issue, then the Task assignment is blank as well. As far as I know, that's the intended functionality. If you're seeing it behave otherwise in the new experience, I'd go to Support for help.

Katherine

Level 1

Thank you Katherine! I think our environment is customized. I suspect this because in your environment it is blank, but mine says a "group" aka someone on this team should get this assignment. I think there's a setting I'm missing somewhere. But i'm really close to submitting at ticket now based on your information. Thank you! - Sandy

Level 7

I'd take a look at the setup for that queue based on that. Sounds like you have a default routing rule to that group. That being said, even in my environment with that setup, if a team is the assigned to on the Issue, then that team is the assigned to on the corresponding task. Best of luck!