Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

What is the easiest way to "share" all projects in your instance with every user?

Level 2
What is the easiest way to "Share" every project in the system with all of your users, regardless of their access level? Marshall Comden Plantronics, Inc.
7 Replies

Level 8
put them all in the same group and then share w/ the group Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 8
The group sharing method works. Alternatively, you could share your portfolio(s). This allows you at a future date to create a portfolio that isn't shared with absolutely everyone, which is slightly more intuitive than having a project in a different group to the rest. Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia

Level 9
In our case, we have default sharing rules setup on the various Access Levels, so that whenever a new project is created, everyone in that user's company can view the project. It solved a lot of issues for us with access rights. Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 4
Hi Alison, Would you be able to provide steps on how you did that? Thanks! Sana Perry National Heritage Academies, Inc.

Level 5
Hi Sana, She's probably talking about sharing rules on the template. So, if you have templates set up, you can go to Template Actions > Template Sharing and then add whatever groups/people you want to be notified when a new project with that template is created. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 9
Actually no, this is default sharing rules set in Access Levels and it applies to every project that is created by someone in that Access Level. I've attached a document showing how to do this and what rules we have. If you have been live for a while and THEN implement this, there will be some cleanup. When you set these rules, they are go forward only, and will not affect projects that already exist. In our case, it was TOTALLY worth it. Particularly giving the company rights to view. That has solved so many of our sharing challenges! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Merry Christmas all! Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 10
Thank you Alison. Benetta Perry APS