Expand my Community achievements bar.

WF issues??

Employee
Hi All, I am having random user issues today - some are not seeing any updates (blank screen) and others are not able to edit tasks (whoops error). We are able to fix this by having them clear their cache. Did something happen? Thanks, Sarah Sarah Nau
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

28 Replies

Employee
Hey Brandon - we are still having issues with this. I sent out an announcement via Workfront yesterday with a link to instructions for how to clear your cache/cookies - the one thing I forgot to include was that you have to have all Workfront tabs closed and change the time range to 'All Time' (I believe it defaults to last 24 hours). Maybe this will help your license user? Sarah Nau

Level 2
Hello All, Clearing cache and cookies (for all time) is resolving the majority of reported cases. We are still getting a few reports of edge cases where clearing browser cache and cookies (for all time) iis not resolving the blank updates screen. IF this is the case for your users please open a Support case and provide the below information to help us troubleshoot this issue. -Link to an object where the Updates are blank -Name of the users experiencing the issue Thanks, Adam Millet

Level 3
Thank you for that tip/trick @Sarah Nau . I'll share that with my user. I did have him clear for all time, but I'm not sure if he closed out his tabs. I also instructed him to update Chrome (as I know that a lot of people let that go too long). We shall see! And @Adam Millet , I'll be sure to submit something if the functionality doesn't come back. Thanks! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 10
Having the same issue en masse starting yesterday; for us quitting the browser and relaunching has been the easiest fix; on the Mac anyway. Not limited to Chrome, had a few reports of Safari having the same issue. Ticket submitted. I haven't looked under the hood, but I wonder if there is an odd HTML, IFRAME, etc. interaction caused by some reason update or bugfix? As others have mentioned, it appears the interface flashes up for a fraction of a second then gets hidden. Kevin Quosig

Level 2
Hello All, Our Development Team is looking into the few edge cases where clearing cache and cookies is not resolving the blank updates tab. Thank you to those who have opened support cases for these instances. We have created an article for this here that you can follow for updates on this. Thanks, Adam Millet

Level 1
Hi Adam, Thank you for creating the article. I just wanted to follow up as my instance was also having this problem last week, and it appears to be gone so far today. I want to let stakeholders know that the issue is resolved, but was hoping someone from WF could verify. Thanks again, Michael Michael Glasson

Level 2
Hello All, I can verify that we did release a hot fix on Friday that has resolved this issue. Adam Millet

Level 10
Hi @Kyna Baker I believe this kind of issue should not appear for several hundred of users. May be some specific development needed to do else many tickets raised because of this issue. We faced many, and one more issue registered even today. These tiny things should not disturb the users. In our department, many users do not interested to clear cache or dont bother about. But I believe the system must be developed in such a way that it should par away these tiny problems in day today work. Just an idea. With regards, Kundan. Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)