Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Viewing Field Usage by Forms Regardless of Group

Level 5
Hello, recently one group within a shared instance of Workfront changed a field name both groups were using because it looked to them as only they were using that field. Our IT and Marketing departments are two different Workfront Groups using the same Workfront instance. Within Setup - Custom Forms we can see all of the forms, see all of the fields and use this view ( attached ) to see on what forms the fields are used. However, the Forms column shows us only our own group's forms and leaves the Forms cell blank when a field is not used on a form owned by our Group. Within this view we can see that the fields with empty Forms must be used somewhere as they are showing active (true) and for now we can assume it is the other group's forms it is used on. This issue arises with fields used by more than one group and the view not showing the other group's forms in the results; especially as we're anticipating additional Groups being added to our instance. How can the Admins see in the Setup area on which forms fields are used -- regardless of ownership (group, team or individual)? Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor
Hi Tammie, I suggest creating a prompted report on the Parameter object; and include the Forms column in this report. Next, add a sys admin to the "Run this Report with Rights of" setting, so report viewers can see all fields and forms. This provides them view access to all the parameters and forms in the system. Attached is something I created for our Group Admins (and me) to use for field/form referencing and management. William English T-Mobile
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 5
Thank you for this suggestion, William! Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council