Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Recommendation for Creative Team Notification Settings

Level 2
Hi everyone, My team is getting ready to roll out Workfront at our agency, and I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation on best practices for creative user notification settings? During our pilot, we received a lot of feedback from designers, copywriters, creative directors, etc that they were receiving way too many email notifications and it was overwhelming. I'm hoping to find time to go in and set each new creative users' notification settings before we start all-agency training. I think it will help with change management if our creative teams aren't frustrated by tons of emails all the time. Please let me know if anyone has thoughts on this topic and what balance of notifications has worked well for your creative team members. Thank you in advance! Alex
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 6
Hey Alex, We went through the same thing and did a lot of testing to get to a place where everyone feels they're getting the notifications they need, but aren't bombarded. Without knowing how you've configured everything it's a bit tricky to give you reco's but here's what we did. The biggest thing we found was that turning off the notifications from proof HQ was a big life saver. not having users get notified with every single comment that happens made everyone really happy - now they only look at the proof for feedback AFTER the team has gone in and marked everything up. They rely on receiving the "a predecessor of one of my tasks is completed email" - that email notifies them that the team ahead of them is done and they can now go in and review and start their thing. For our users (both account and creative) we have the same notification structure in place. Action Needed: - I get a new work request - instant - I need to review a project approval I've been delegated - instant - I need to review a task approval I've been delegated - instant - I need to review an issue approval I've been delegated - instant - I'm assigned an issue - instant Request I Have Made - I submit a request - instant - My request is closed - instant - Someone is assigned to my request - instant - the status changed on my request - instant Communication - A comment is posted on my request - instant - Someone comments on a thread i'm in - instant - Someone includes me on a direct update - instant - When a comment is added on a user - instant Information about WOrk Assigned to Me - a predecessor of one of my tasks is completed - instant - The due date changed on a task i'm assigned - instant - The due date changed on an issue i'm assigned - instant Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services

Level 2
Hi Ryan, Thanks so much for your POV. This is really helpful. What kind of requests do your creative teams submit in Workfront? Just wondering because our system has been set up so that creatives don't have a request queue. Thanks again! Alex Alex Barnard