Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

View go-live date on calendar view of projects

Level 2

Hello, 

I have a team member who is looking at a simple calendar of projects in a particular Portfolio, but wants to be able to see not only the start and end date of the project, but also the go-live date, which is a particular task on the project. I'm not seeing any way out of the box for him to see this. I see you can add particular tasks to the calendar, but a view of the go-lives in isolation also is not wanted - we want to see the start, go-live and finish of the project in one line, ideally. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Katie

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, if you are consistently naming these 'go live' tasks across projects, you can add a task filter in your calendar to task name > contains > go live (or whatever words appropriate), and add other filters like only in projects equating with Current or Complete (I include Complete so your calendar shows past completed objects you want to pull in your calendar).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thanks for the response! My apologies I didn't make fully clear -   the issue I'm running into is that he wants to see it together with the project's start and completion date, so if I just have a list of go live dates, that's not quite what he's looking for. In the gantt view of the projects he's pulling into the calendar it shows a bar extending from the project start to finish on the calendar and he wants to see highlighted on that bar the go-live. I'm thinking exactly what he wants is not possible and I can simply offer the solution you two mentioned of viewing all the Go-lives in one view. Hopefully that clarified - let me know if you have any further thoughts! 

Level 9

Hi! We have a similar ask however they want to see a send date of email (vs the completion date).

I created a calendar with three options - one with the planned start date, one with the planned start-completion showing as a duration of the life of the project, and the last with only reporting on that specific date.

So depending if they wanted to see any combination of the three, they could. 

Community Advisor

Hi there, you can have a custom naming of objects pulling into your calendar...include the project name of the go-live tasks you're pulling in so you know which project they're for. In your calendar settings of any of your categories, go to the bottom label area and select custom:

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1699644926013.png

Then you can include the project name of the go-live tasks you're pulling. For example:

Madalyn_Destafney_2-1699644968590.png

Regarding the Gantt view of projects, if you have a milestone path in your templates that have these go-live tasks, and associate the go-live tasks with a milestone within that path, then you can plot milestone-related info in your Gantt view settings:

Madalyn_Destafney_3-1699645223738.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

If you're able to place a custom form on the go live task, that might end up being the best option for you.

On this custom form, place 2 custom calculated fields, both formatted to be a date. For one of the calculated fields, create a formula that will express the project's start date and for the second calculated field, create a formula to express the project's end date.

For the calendar, you would filter on the go live tasks, and use your two custom calculated fields to express the range as being the project's start and end dates. For the label on each task line, you would use a custom label that could be the project's name, and the task planned completion date (or whatever the go live date is being expressed as).  In this way, you can show all three dates -- the custom dates representing the project start and end dates, and the label representing the go live date.