Expand my Community achievements bar.

Utilization Report on Dashboard

Employee
Hi All,Wondering if anyone has figured out a way to put a utilization report on a dashboard? We want to display the report, and pre-filled filters.Thanks in advance!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 4

I‘m working on exactly the same topic. We figured out two options, with the help of Chris from Workfront:

a) In the utilization view, you can create a link to share it and then embed it as a website on a dashboard

b) Create a report that shows similar information and use that one on a dashboard

we chose option b) because we need a longer timeframe than the default 6 weeks and are currently working on the realization.

Level 10

Hei @Manuel Bause (Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany)‚

It would be great if you could share some glimps of your report, main headings and type of report you think about.

mvh

Kundan.

Level 1
Hi Sarah. Try using I-frames within the dashboard to embed the utilisation reports.

Employee

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for your response. I am not seeing a link option on the utilization report, only on the planner. Am I missing something? We really like the overall section on the utilization report that you cannot see on the planner.

As Kundan mented, it would be great if we could see a glimpse of your report - what type of report did you use? We like the utilization report because we can see job roles and not specific people.

Happy Monday!

Level 4

oh yes, you are right; sharing works only well for the planning. As Chris already mentioned, you could anyway embed the utilization, but it does't look very pretty :-(

0690z0000097ogLAAQ.png

Level 4
I'm still in building the alternative report for us, so we have no screenshot yet - I'll get back to you as soon as we have something available. The main difficulty which we haven't solved yet is having past data and planned data well organized on the same dashboard. Which variables are you particularly interested in?

Level 4

Looking into the past works quite well, eventually you could use parts of our project controlling dashboard?

0690z0000097okSAAQ.png

Employee
@Kyna Baker‚ - Hi! Would you be able to reach out to the product manager for the utilization report and see if there are plans to add a link on this like the planner area? Thank you!!

Employee
I'll make sure I find the right person and get them to reach out!

Employee
Hi @Sarah Nau‚. Currently that's not on the short-term roadmap, although we do discuss making those data points available in new report builder which is currently in works. That would put on a long-term roadmap. Hope that helps!

Level 10

Hi Sarah,

I invite you to consider our Capacity Charts solution, which can be placed within dashboards (and configured to suit), and includes a data grid component, for those who also Need The Numbers.

Regards,

Doug