Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Using Boards and tagged comments are not sending notifications

Level 2

My team is using Boards to track our quarterly PMO projects. We've noticed that when we use the comments function in each card and tag each other we're not getting notifications. We can't figure out if we're missing a notification setting or if this is a bug. We're all admins or system admins and all of our other notifications seem to work. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I'm told, that only cards connected to projects, a notification will be sent. 

This is really annoying because we have cards that are not connected nor will they ever be connected to specific projects but we still need to communicate and give updates on those cards. Please let me know if this is on the roadmap to be fixed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, board notifications was something new with 23.3 but only with early opt-in users. 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1691766627954.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

I just confirmed that we are early opt-in users. When I click on preferences there's no option to get notified when tagged in a comment. Am I missing something?

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.27.08 AM.png

(If that notification isn't possible, I'm not sure why WF even gives the ability to tag - what's the point if you don't find out about it?)

Community Advisor

Ah I see what you're saying. If you have a connected card, and you're making a comment in a card connected with a task, I'd imagine WF treats it just like a task notification and it depends on the users' notifications for tasks/work items. @NicholeVargas do you have any other insight on this?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Level 4

I'm told, that only cards connected to projects, a notification will be sent. 

This is really annoying because we have cards that are not connected nor will they ever be connected to specific projects but we still need to communicate and give updates on those cards. Please let me know if this is on the roadmap to be fixed.

Level 1

I want the same capability! Just like you tag someone in a comment within a WF project, I'd like to tag someone on a board comment on a card to provide updates or request help associated with the card. Doesn't sound like this is possible without it being tied to a WF project. We use boards outside of WF projects to manage other projects.