Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Using an MM field in a task collection column

Level 10

Hi, I have a request where they want a task collection column in a project report, but the filter is that a certain role is assigned. Now, there isn't a way to guaranteed that the role will be the Task Owner, so I was thinking I would try the assignmentsRolesMM:ID you can do in a task report.

However, when I put {assignmentsRolesMM}.{ID}=51003a37000adbe5e63492b3c19a9ccf or {assignmentsRolesMM}.{ID}="51003a37000adbe5e63492b3c19a9ccf" in my IF statement, it doesn't work.

Has anyone either 1) figured out how to use MM fields in a task collection, or 2) has come up with a way to filter on a task collection for any assignee (whether User or Role)?

Thank you so much 🙂

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

Haven't used MM fields but if you are trying to filter for only projects with a specific role/individual assigned to a task you might be able to achieve that with the following filter:

tasks:roleID={roleID}

tasks:roleID_Mod=in

OR

tasks:assignedToID={userID}

tasks:assignedToID_Mod=in

If you're just trying to add a column with showing Role/assigned users for only some particular values the following works too:

valueexpression=IF({assignedTo}.{role}.{name}="Copywriter",{assignedTo}.{name},"")

You can also use {assignedToID},{assignedTo}.{roleID} for the expression.

Although you might want to add a unique identifier for specific tasks you are looking for or the column would just show all names/roles that match the criteria.

Hopefully this helps.

Best,

Surya

Level 10

Thank, Surya. But unfortunately I cannot guarantee that the role will be the task owner. Almost every task we have has multiple assignees so role ID on it's own (or assignedTo's role) doesn't work.

In a task report, I can use {assignmentsRolesMM}.{ID} which works beautifully, but I can't get it to work in a task collection on a project report (my guess being it is technically a collection within a collection), but was hoping someone found some magically way to do it. 😉