Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using a kickstart to import a timesheet

Level 2

We have a lot of allocated licenses for people to only upload a timecard in Workfront, even if they don't use it to manage their day-to-day work. Is there a way we can import users' hours / a timesheet into Workfront with a kickstart?

I'm not sure if it'd be an hours or timesheet import, and if it's a timesheet, is it just uploading types of timesheets? And then we'd need to upload hours associated with those timesheets? Tried looking through the community + help site, but couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks!
Jess

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this would be possible. Kickstarts just help import data into WF but it has to be data that works within WF. Since review/requester (unpaid) licenses can't log time in WF, you wouldn't be able to associate hours with them because that functionality for those users doesn't exist in WF.

I haven't looked into this in detail, but you may want to check this out - I believe this is something you could explore for non-licensed users to track time somehow. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think this would be possible. Kickstarts just help import data into WF but it has to be data that works within WF. Since review/requester (unpaid) licenses can't log time in WF, you wouldn't be able to associate hours with them because that functionality for those users doesn't exist in WF.

I haven't looked into this in detail, but you may want to check this out - I believe this is something you could explore for non-licensed users to track time somehow. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )