Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Use case for integrating Workfront and Marketo

Community Advisor

Have any of you integrated between your Workfront and Marketo environments?  Doesn't matter if its through Fusion or other connections, would you share the use case you were solving for?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I was the first to integrate Workfront and Eloqua. We set it up to integrate between Programs/Projects and the Campaign Canvas object in Eloqua. Started by using an integration partner but we ended moving to our own integration using an ETL tool.

We wanted Workfront to serve as the system of record to capture all of the necessary tracking components and campaign IDs so that all the people collaborating could have a rosetta stone with all the campaign details and tracking parameters so that we could have full closed loop reporting in our reporting system using all the eloqua response data married to all the SFDC opportunity closed/won data.

Workfront would trigger the creation of campaign templates in Eloqua that were 95% built out for things like events and nurture programs all the execution team had to do was minor config and the last mile of work to select the correct templates etc...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

I was the first to integrate Workfront and Eloqua. We set it up to integrate between Programs/Projects and the Campaign Canvas object in Eloqua. Started by using an integration partner but we ended moving to our own integration using an ETL tool.

We wanted Workfront to serve as the system of record to capture all of the necessary tracking components and campaign IDs so that all the people collaborating could have a rosetta stone with all the campaign details and tracking parameters so that we could have full closed loop reporting in our reporting system using all the eloqua response data married to all the SFDC opportunity closed/won data.

Workfront would trigger the creation of campaign templates in Eloqua that were 95% built out for things like events and nurture programs all the execution team had to do was minor config and the last mile of work to select the correct templates etc...

Community Advisor

Awesome, Dave!  Thanks for the feedback.  This is where my head was going and about the only use case I could see (you can do most of this now via Fusion and the Marketo connector they have) that made sense.  Thanks for helping me validate.

Level 3

Yep, we did this back in 2015 and have gone through a few revisions and enhancements. All of this was custom and blazing new trails, but that also gave us the ability to add in some extra checks and balances. Its still in use today and working great.

I spotted this really old presentation we did at Leap in 2018.

http://lp.workfront.com/rs/758-USO-349/images/ADVANCED%20PRODUCT-%20From%20Request%20to%20ROI-%20Int...