Expand my Community achievements bar.

Updates Tab in Preview

Level 8
Hi Community! The 2018.2 release includes some changes to the updates tab, but does this include a change to the font or is what I'm seeing a temporary "glitch?" See screenshot. Also, I am not seeing the new button labeled "Show Activity Log," mine still says "Show System Updates." Maybe I need to put in a ticket, but I'm curious if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing? Thanks! Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
19 Replies

Level 10
Hi Sydney, I just created a ticket as well, but for a different reason. I also think there's some wierd things going on with fonts. My font seems more normal, but I have trouble visually distinguishing project/task names from peoples' names etc. The issue I just logged is actually that per the attached document, the new Updates tab in 18.2 doesn't have any borders to help divide up the posts into their threads, making it harder to read. In the current Production system, it is much easier to read and this seems like a bit of a backward step, and likely an area I will receive complaints about if this goes live as-is. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 8
I'm not seeing the Times New Roman like you are, but I opened a case last week because the font size on my updates tab in preview is super tiny. On that same case we noted that the update stream isn't separated enough (same as David's feedback) Adina

Level 10
I think there were a few backlog items they were completing before the final production release, hopefully the above is included!! Jamie Hill JLL

Level 10
The response to my ticket regarding the message formatting being lost was that my feedback would be passed on to the Product Team but that I should submit a feature request to the Idea Exchange. I refuse to do this for functionality which existed and was removed, so I can only hope product management are indeed aware of the issue and take action. Same goes for another issue I raised regarding the new project status icons, where the notes icon has gone from yellow to blue and is now almost indistingishable from the blue documents icon. Here's what it used to look like: Here's what it now looks like: Do you think I really should have to put in a feature request to get this fixed????? Grrr... David Cornwell

Level 10
I'm with you. I was recently told to submit a feature request for something that's obviously a bug. Similarly, I refuse to begin a feature request campaign that wastes even more of my time to help them fix their own product. This is a sore spot for me (and really my only complaint about WF). I'm/we're already helping you with a flaw in your product. Don't make me/us jump through even more hoops to fix your defect. Sometimes I feel like we care about the integrity of their product more than they do. ☹ Thus endeth the my whine ��

Level 7
@Sydney Peterson we're seeing the exact same thing. Did you end up opening a ticket? It's not pretty... In addition to the font/display issue, I'm now also finding that the thread reply line isn't including all of the people in the thread! Or at least, not consistently. This is obviously bad user experience especially because we keep internal conversations private from clients... if the client's name is not listed, there's a big risk that a private conversation will get out. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 8
@David Cornwell , I'm surprised that you were told to submit a feature request, especially to your point that it was yellow before the 18.2 release. I submitted it as feedback a few weeks ago on the projects tab (since there's a button for feedback in the preview environment) although it didn't occur me until now that I asked for something that I already have in the live environment. You're right, how frustrating! @Barbara Sedlack , I did open a ticket and it's Request #1152768 . I've never added others outside of my organization to my tickets,but let me know if this is something I can / should do as I'm always happy to help others get answers more quickly if I can! My updates look just like yours...however, when I tag multiple users or a team on an update and reply to it, it seems to be OK. (but I've only tested this on two updates) I'll let you know if I run into this at all as I continue to test the updates in the sandbox. Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
I'm sure Workfront's product team are flat out with final preparations for 18.2 release, but it would be nice if a product manager could comment here on the various issues in this thread. One more suggestion while I'm at it....Microsoft's PowerBI Community site allows users to submit 'Issues', including bug reports in a community forum. Issues are then responded to publicly by Microsoft moderators and status changes are shown depending on what they decide to do with the issue. Perhaps Workfront could do this as an extension of the Idea Exchange. I.e. Have a bug report area where we can look to see if something has already been logged...that would save multiple people from logging the same issue with Support. If others have the same issue they can see that it has already been reported, and that Workfront have acknowledged it and hopefully are working on it. There should be no need to vote to get bugs fixed. Workfront could of course decline to fix something, but at least bugs won't be buried in the idea exchange. David Cornwell

Level 7
We didn't get this issue in testing but now we have gone lvie we are seeing the same font that @Sydney Peterson has posted in her original post. Did WF update your ticket with any feedback? We also notice that people are missing log time buttons, the same for anyone else? Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 3
Same here! Yesterday everything was fine... today, the Updates font and the Log Time option are messed up. Workers can't log time at the project OR the task levels. This is throwing my team into a bit of a tizzy. Not sure why this feature is missing now. Any updates would be greatly appreciated! Eileen Womelsdorf SEI Investments Inc.

Level 7
On my ticket the update I have received that it is currently with the dev team and the workaround is to log via my work/home area or the timesheet Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 5
I also logged a ticket 15 minutes ago before I saw this thread. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 10
I see our activity log. Everything else is different. Benetta Perry APS

Level 8

Hi Vicky, I've attached a screenshot to show all of the updates posted to my ticket. I received an email around 11:30 EST that it was escalated to Tier 2. If there's any additional support I can provide, feel free to let me know! -Sydney Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.0690z000007ZiHhAAK.png

Level 10
I don't want to be a grumps, but I really miss the icons in the new update stream :( Jamie Hill JLL

Level 7
Which icons do you mean? Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 1
My team is in a similar state- SUPER hope this gets resolved quickly! Caity Rietzen The Free Library of Philadelphia

Level 6
Good Afternoon Everyone, Thank you all for reporting this issue and for your comments. We found that the font change was limited to PC users on older versions of Windows. We have executed a fix for this today and the fonts used in Workfront, specifically on the Updates Stream, should be functioning normally at this time. If you are still seeing the issue, we would recommend logging out/in of your Workfront instance and clearing cache to make sure no residual session could be affecting the behavior. If, after this, you are still seeing it, please contact our Support team via the "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us">Workfront Support site or by calling us at (844)306-HELP(4357) where we will be happy to assist. Thank you. Trevor Pierce Assigned Support Engineer Workfront