Expand my Community achievements bar.

Updates/Notes of This Week in Task Report (valueexpression collections)

Level 1
My final goal is to have a report showing column of "all note text from this week under each task" and filter the showing tasks for some assigned user. Filter is working good, but column is not working as I wanted. Assignment Users First Name Equal Jason and Assignment Users Last Name Equal Teng and Notes Entry Date Between $$TODAYbw and $$TODAYew I am trying to do this under Task Report. And, I had success on using collections with valuefield to display all update messages. example: displayname=Notes In This Week listdelimiter= < div > listmethod=nested(updates).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=message valueformat=HTML But, whenever I try to use valueexpression to do more filtering (showing note of this week only). It will just become blank. example: displayname=Notes In This Week listdelimiter= < div > listmethod=nested(updates).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({updateType}=="note",{message},"") valueformat=HTML Or valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("note",{update}.{updateType}),{update}.{message},"") I have even tried to do valueexpression with no calculation/filter, but still blank. example: displayname=Notes In This Week listdelimiter= < div > listmethod=nested(updates).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={message} valueformat=HTML It seems that valueexpression does not work under updates collections. But, I have no idea why. I am able to get valueexpression working under regular non-collection column. I also need to filter showing notes in this week. I suppose I can do it with entryDate between $$TODAYbw and $$TODAYew . But, since valueexpression is not working, I have no way to test it yet. I would be appreciated if anyone can point me to a direction on how to make weekly notes report work.. Thank you! Jason Teng
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

Hello Jason,

I did some testing on this and when accessing the Updates from the Task table, Updates is dynamic so you will not be able to manipulate the data in a valueexpression. One option would be do use a note report and then group by Task Name.

Hope this helps,

Level 1

Thank you for taking time to test this out. I will go for the alternative Note Report approach.