Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Unarchiving Proofs

Level 3
Hello- I know that proofs are automatically archived after 60 days. However, when we do need to access the proof, and click the message to unarchive, it doesn't happen right away, and sometimes can take several hours (Support told me to allow up to 24 hours!). In a perfect world, we would have plenty of notice and have everything unarchived ahead of time, but that just isn't the reality of our business. This prevents us from preceding, and affects our schedules, since we really don't know how long it will take to un-archive. I did ask Support if there was a way to turn-off or override the auto archiving, and I was told no, and that this process is working as designed. For those of you that experience a delay when unarchiving, have you come up with any work arounds or suggestions as to how to handle this? Thanks Chris Levitsky Guidemark Health
4 Replies

Level 2
Hi, Chris - yes 24 hours doesn't seem reasonable, does it. In our case when this arises, we go to the associated project folder on our server, where all project assets are kept. each has a project number in the Workfront project name, so it's easily found. Example: Workfrtont project name 1234-20 Sample Project name Associated project folder and proofs location on our server Projects fiscal year 2020 > 1234-20 Sample Project name > Proofs > Marketing Hope this helps. Tracy Tracy Brunet Costco Wholesale Corporation

Level 7
Hey Chris, I checked into your support case and was able to work with the support rep to get your auto-archival limit increased up to 180 days instead of 60. I hope this helps and you have a great evening! For anyone else that needs a longer auto-archival time, please contact support and if need-be, mention this community post. We can increase it, but the trade-off is that it has the potential to impact performance. The archival process sets the documents to read-only and moves them to a different storage area so that it doesn't impact the proofs that are actively being used. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
Dustin- Thank you for extending the time before a document is archived. This will definitely help. Thanks, Chris Levitsky Guidemark

Level 7
You're welcome Chris! One side note, this will only affect proofs generated after the change was made mid-day yesterday. All the best, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront