Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Trying to reconfigure a text mode Project tab filter

Level 4

Hi all!
Currently I have a filter on the Projects tab so that users can see all the "Current" Projects with a task assigned to them that are not Complete (we don't use My Work as it isn't robust enough for our needs.) However, the task that is directly AFTER the user's assigned task is left to a default team assignee (intentionally). Typically the same user is finishing up that last task (and the project itself), but not always. Unfortunately our current filter will not display these projects once the user-assigned task is complete. This has caused a little gap where I am catching Projects that fell off the filter for the users but someone else was to pick up the work.

Here's the Projects I want the filter to display: Project is "Current" and task assigned to user is not Complete AND Project is "Current", direct predecessor assigned to user is "Complete", last task (the one assigned to the default team) is not Complete. I only want it to pull the direct predecessor, not all predecessors if that makes sense.

Here's what I have - it doesn't work (and I cannot figure out why). We currently use everything in red.
EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:A:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:A:projectID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:A:task:status=CPL
EXISTS:A:task:status_Mod=notin
OR:EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
OR:EXISTS:A:predecessors:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
OR:EXISTS:A:projectID=FIELD:ID
OR:EXISTS:A:predecessors:status=CPL
OR EXISTS:A:task:status=CPL
OR EXISTS:A:task:status_Mod=notin
status=CUR

Still learning text mode - need to dive into some of Workfront's learning as well. Thank you!

2 Replies

Level 5

Could you have a separate report on their dashboard that has that last task on it and filter it on task number (assuming it's always the same number) and "can start" and project not complete so they could see all of those tasks that are ready to start? I'm not that versed in text mode, so there may be a way to get it on the same report, I'm just not aware of it.

Level 4

We don't currently use Dashboards for our queue of work as the reports themselves are so robust (it cuts a lot off) and we only use 1 or 2 at each step. Ideally I want this to be in a single filter so it's one look to see all work impacting them instead of having to go multiple places slowing them down. I definitely will look into a separate report though should this not be do-able in one step. Thank you!!