Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Track the Reiteration of Tasks

Level 2

Is reiteration possible between set of of tasks under project. Let's say after stakeholder review, there are some comments to be taken care of, can we start back the previous steps? I checked out Approval Process and I see with approval process we can reset the current task's status on rejection. However, is there a feature to track iterations as shown in the diagram on Workfront? Is there a way to achieve this? We would also like to visualize the back and forth in pictorial fashion.

image.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @HeenaShirke,

I invite you to consider:

• (easiest) incorporate a document approval into your process and use its built in Version Number to count “Rounds
  • (most thorough) leverage my Targeted Auditing technique to count the number of times one (or more) of such task are “reset” (ie each time the status goes back to New)
  • (visually transparent) for each such Reset, consider duplicating (only) those tasks that need to be repeated into your project as new tasks, marking the former with a special status (eg Rejected; equates with Closed), marking the latter with a special status (eg Redo; equates with New), moving and adjusting the latter with the appropriate predecessors / successors / duration etc. so that their impact on the timeline is obvious (especially with Gantt mode turned on) and (optionally) creating special task views that conditionally format both the former and the latter in ways that have visual meaning (eg grey background on Rejected tasks, cyan background on Redo tasks)

if none of those suffice, if you would consider something tailored to suit, I’d be happy to discuss the possibilities of using our UberCalc and/or Magic Reports solutions via email at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @HeenaShirke,

I invite you to consider:

• (easiest) incorporate a document approval into your process and use its built in Version Number to count “Rounds
  • (most thorough) leverage my Targeted Auditing technique to count the number of times one (or more) of such task are “reset” (ie each time the status goes back to New)
  • (visually transparent) for each such Reset, consider duplicating (only) those tasks that need to be repeated into your project as new tasks, marking the former with a special status (eg Rejected; equates with Closed), marking the latter with a special status (eg Redo; equates with New), moving and adjusting the latter with the appropriate predecessors / successors / duration etc. so that their impact on the timeline is obvious (especially with Gantt mode turned on) and (optionally) creating special task views that conditionally format both the former and the latter in ways that have visual meaning (eg grey background on Rejected tasks, cyan background on Redo tasks)

if none of those suffice, if you would consider something tailored to suit, I’d be happy to discuss the possibilities of using our UberCalc and/or Magic Reports solutions via email at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug