Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Our experts will be answering your questions starting TOMORROW at 8 AM PST!

Track how long an issue is in a status?

Level 8
Is there any way to track how long an issue remains in a status? If not, does anyone know of any work arounds to get this information? We're looking to be able to show either the duration that an issue remained in each issue status or the date it was entered into each issue status. We're in the process of onboarding our IT team and one of the things they're measured on and have to report to Exec staff on is how long it takes for the team to convert a request to a project from submission, including all the steps in between. Mohini Sinha Excelsior College
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mohini, I'm hoping someone has a better answer, but we wrote a report that kinda sorta obtains some of what you're asking for, maybe possibly �� . We haven't used it a lot yet, but it's an Issue Report with the Entry Date, Actual Start Date, Last Update Date, and Actual Completion Date. The Actual Start Date is automatically set when the Issue Status goes from New to In Progress. Then we created a calculated field to determine the difference between the Entry Date and Actual Start Date (I'm actually showing 3 fields here – by Days, Hours or Minutes – only because we're still testing it out - obviously you can choose what unit of time works best for you and just use one field). There's also a First Response field which may get you the same thing in Hours. So you may not need the calculated field. I can't find any info on that field but it seems to be doing the same thing. And Resolution Time should give you the time from Entry to Closed Status. Like I said there's probably a better answer out there. But maybe this helps a little in the meantime.

Level 4

Our solution was to create a calculated custom field for each status. This effectively takes a "timestamp" of the moment it was moved into that status. Formula: IF(Status='XXX',IF(ISBLANK({YYY}),$$NOW,({YYY})),({YYY})) Where:

XXX = the status "key"

YYY= The name of this custom field

Do this for each status you want to track Pros : Captures the date a project went to a status (can be applied to an issue) Cons : It only captures the first time it moved to the status (does not track back and forth) You can then create another field to calculate the date difference. It is not perfect solution but it is a good starting point. Matt McCarthy0690z000007ZiBeAAK.png

Level 6
We also do what Mike mentioned. I haven't validated it personally, but I believe Workfront Fusion allows overwriting of the calculated timestamp fields. Which gets rid of one of the cons. If that's something you're interested in. Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies

Level 2
This is also what we do. It's not exactly ideal, as it only works for new projects - calculated fields only populate when the status changes, so older projects wouldn't have any sort of movement to fill the fields. I'd love for this to be a baked-in feature of the platform so you could show a status duration even if you used that status multiple times, similar to the employee timesheets. Darren Harper Arvest Bank

Level 3
Genius - that was a problem I was trying to solve at the same time. Thanks for your help. Andrew Parsons Thomson Reuters - Corporate