Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Track hours against a task report inline on a report?

Level 4

Hello WF Gurus

I have a task report that we have configured to work as a status report for a dept. The assigned users can update their task % complete, update durations if needed, add inline comments to the particular task (custom task field), update a custom status inline (custom task status). I also want to include adding hours (tracking time) to that task via in line editing.

Is that possible - i want to avoid pushing them to the actual task on the project - clicking in the updates tab and then adding time or navigating to the timesheet. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Christina is correct.

One of the rules of Workfront reports is:

"In a project report, you can only inline edit project-level details."

"In a task report, you can only inline edit task-level details."

"In an issue report, you can only inline edit issue-level details."

and so on for all the kinds of reports.

So although you can display details about related objects (e.g. display hours in a task report), you can't inline enter/edit them.

You could create an Hours report, and plop that in a dashboard alongside their task report, so they wouldn't (always) have to leave that screen. However this will only allow them to edit existing hour entries, not create new ones.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

HI Sherri - we have tried do to this as well but it's not possible at this time. You can't inline edit hours in reports.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Christina is correct.

One of the rules of Workfront reports is:

"In a project report, you can only inline edit project-level details."

"In a task report, you can only inline edit task-level details."

"In an issue report, you can only inline edit issue-level details."

and so on for all the kinds of reports.

So although you can display details about related objects (e.g. display hours in a task report), you can't inline enter/edit them.

You could create an Hours report, and plop that in a dashboard alongside their task report, so they wouldn't (always) have to leave that screen. However this will only allow them to edit existing hour entries, not create new ones.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 4

Thanks for the response - I was hoping for some magic text mode but I get it. Thanks again!