Expand my Community achievements bar.

Top 10 Reasons Folks should/will LOVE workfront

Level 5
Hi All, I'm getting really nervous/excited! We're going live w/workfront October 3- bascially in 5 business days! As part of our launch communications plan- we're going to send a daily email out next week to the team - with a teaser as to why/how workfront will make your life easier. We're a creative services shop so we have- pm's, designers, production, videographer/photographers, and writers. Would anyone like to share some reasons your folks LOVE workfront and how/why it makes their jobs easier? Thanks! Karen ps- any words of advice as launch approaches?
10 Replies

Level 10
Related to your request (but not a daily reason) - we are doing a Workfront Week at our offices (refresher trainings, deep dives, Q&As) and setting up the context for each session with these slides on Why You Should Care About WF...

Level 9
I would love it if you shared some of this awesomeness with us! Can you send us some of your collateral, or maybe we can do a writeup and put it on the blog? In Reply to Katherine Haven, PMP:
Related to your request (but not a daily reason) - we are doing a Workfront Week at our offices (refresher trainings, deep dives, Q&As) and setting up the context for each session with these slides on Why You Should Care About WF...
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 9
I love using Workfront because (when I use it right) I ALWAYS know what I should be working on. It keeps me organized and helps me stay productive. It makes it easy for me to ask for help from the right people, and to know how their work is coming along. It's also a great way for me to show off EVERYTHING I've done at the end of the week to my boss. As an end user, it's pretty fantastic. In Reply to Karen Rutz:
Hi All, I'm getting really nervous/excited! We're going live w/workfront October 3- bascially in 5 business days! As part of our launch communications plan- we're going to send a daily email out next week to the team - with a teaser as to why/how workfront will make your life easier. We're a creative services shop so we have- pm's, designers, production, videographer/photographers, and writers. Would anyone like to share some reasons your folks LOVE workfront and how/why it makes their jobs easier? Thanks! Karen ps- any words of advice as launch approaches?
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 2
Here's two off the top of my head. Transparency: you will know exactly the status of projects and where the bottleneck is. Reporting: you can created self serve reports so that the Project requesters can have an overview on all their projects in progress.

Level 3
I agree with transparency and reporting. I would also add resource management and collaboration. You can see who has too much work and who might be light on work. Workfront becomes "one source of truth" for the projects. No more looking in multiple places for information. The ability for customized views per person, group, or team is also a HUGE benefit.

Level 5
Thanks for sharing Katherine- awesome slides! curious- you referenced working on an SOW and staff plan tool- is that outside of workfront? tks! Karen

Level 10
yes - the SOW/Staff plan will be developed outside of WF. SAP is our financial system of record - so are building a place to marry the data from SAP and WF.

Level 10
Hi Karen, Of course, there are many things that I love about Workfront, but for our everyday users, one of the biggest benefits is having one place to collaborate directly in the context of the work that is being done. Instead of sending emails to either too few or too many people, there are useful discussions taking place out in the open within Workfront. Email usage has significantly reduced, and I love seeing the team spirit it seems to foster when people can see each others' posts with their photos alongside. Cheers, David