Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Format Calculated Field on a Report

Level 6
Hi everyone. We have a number of calculated fields. Previously these fields were only displayed on custom reports created outside Workfront. We now have a need to use a few of them within the reporting wizard in Workfront. However, our users aren't liking them because there isn't any formating. Example: one of the fields should be currency but there isn't a $ , or . Anyone know how to format these fields?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 6
Figured this out. Switched to text mode and changed the valueformat to valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyStringRounded

Level 4
Hello Amanda ( and everyone), I would like to ask a question since your team has researched on currency fields. We have a similar problem. We have a custom field (lets say "field1") defined as "Currency" and a matrix report on this field. When I make a matrix report on "field1" it shows the base currency such as USD, CAD etc. However, our users donot like to see such currency names, but "$" sign on matrix reports. Example: instead of USD123,456 they would prefer $123,456 . Is there any setting, formatting, code to show this field with a $ sign? Thank you in advance. Regards, Ashis

Level 10
I'm a little unclear about what you are looking for, but if your dollar values are in a column, surely it would work to edit that column in text mode and make sure that your valueformat line is set to "customNumberAsCurrencyString"? i.e. valueformat=customNumberAsCurrencyString Am I misunderstanding your question?