Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Timesheet Issue - "You do not have permissions to log hours for other users." - owner cant change their own logged hours

Level 1

Dear Team, 

today we had a strange issue as a large majority of our team is experiencing this message= "You do not have permissions to log hours for other users." when updating their own timesheets, mostly the already logged hours i.e. yesterdays hours (already logged ones) - specifically the tasks that has logged hours against them. 

The tasks are still open. They are the task owners (assigned person). Obv. they are their own timesheets owners. 

No change happened in the Timesheet settings for us, and one day from another having this message, is this a new or known issue or anything we can do about it ? 

Timesheet settings as follows: 

• Restrict timesheet editing to owners and admins = ticked in
  • Restrict hour editing to owners and admins = ticked in
  • Group Admin editing option is disabled, locked. System wide setting only.

Thanks,

David

5 Replies

Level 10

I've been badgering Support since yesterday. They want me to turn-off the "restrict editing to owners and managers" settings as a workaround while they figure it out, but I wasn't keen on that idea.

But between myself and some clever users, we figured out a few workarounds:

1. It has to do with Comments. Don't touch the comments, ever, to avoid the error.
  2. Tab-out is broken, so only click-out works to kick-off autosave.
  3. You cannot edit existing values. So if you need to update a value, delete it first, click out, autosave, click back in, enter new value.
  4. Entering time directly on the task still works fine.

Level 1

Hi Cal, 

thanks for the update, we're not really keen on turning off the restriction as well. 

Fortunately we don't use commenting on the hours as much, that causes less issues. 

However, the existing value editing is the most annoying as I cant imagine how or what did they change on the logic to have this error pop up constantly. Now I have the whole department moaning to me about that their timesheet s have problems. Also explaining or sending out a note on dept. level that first delete then autosave,  then click out then go back an re fill the field. 

Anyways I hope that this gets resolved soon, as it was working perfectly until yesterday. 

Level 10

My suspicion is Adobe slipped in an update that had a bug: either unannounced, or as part of all these "maintenance updates."

I noticed Adobe is in the habit of sneaking things in outside the normal release cycle, and also is not as diligent with QA/QC. Lots of "little" bugs like this keep creeping in.

The problem with doing off-cycle updates is you really, really, REALLY should turn-up the QA/QC to "11" because slip-updates should be invisible to the user.

Bugs that come as a part of a major release are one thing, and I give a small pass because they are, to a degree, expected.

But bugs that show-up because you tried to be sneaky about a feature update or a backend change in-between release cycles just look random and do not inspire confidence.

Someone is asleep in the PR department at Adobe…they keep doing things like this that have been eroding my confidence since Adobe took over.

Employee

Hi David,

Thank you for raising this concern. I was made aware of this issue this afternoon and we are opening an issue for our dev team to investigate. Once we have a resolution, I will pop back in here and let you know.

Thank you,

Candace

Employee

Hello David,

Our team said that this issue should now be resolved. 

Thanks again for raising this concern.

Candace