Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Time Off/Default Schedule

Level 3
At our company we want to only plan to 30 hours of work for our employees and some directors even less. I was thinking of doing this through time off because when we were first configuring our instance we were told not to do this on the default schedule. Although, now that we have been in Workfront for a little while I am not sure what the repercussions would be one way or the other. We have created projects that have time of people that just stay in planning but it becomes very manual to update based on the days that they are gone. So the question is what would be the best way to plan to a max 30 hours for resources? Thanks! Emily Byrne The Starr Conspiracy - TSC
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Emily, So is your goal for the system to report that someone is 100% utilised once 30 hours have been allocated? What you could do is assign people to a task which is 2 hours each per day. Therefore once the other 6 hours are assigned, they will show as 100% utilised. However, if there are occasions where you need to get more than 6 hours of work done on one day, you could adjust the other task to reduce/remove those hours. I think this is a better approach than changing the schedule to always be 6 hours per day, because that doesn't allow you the flexibility to book 8 hours on a given day when the exception arises. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi: I haven't checked to see if anyone else has replied, so if this is duplicative, my apologies. I always create a new schedule to model relatively unchanging, consistent work hours. You can create a new schedule and assign that team to the schedule. I would NOT use PTO to model work hours. It will be a pain to administer and maintain, I assure you. If you have variable work hours, I have another trick for managing that. Did you get any workable solution? Thanks, Eric

Level 3
Thanks for your reply. This is helpful. At the beginning of our configuration. We were told not to change the schedules for specific times because projects are set to 8 hour days. And probably other reasons that I don't remember. Have you experienced and noticed reprecussions on projects? We want to measure our billable available hours to only 30. I can't figure out how to do this to be not manual. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! Emily Byrne The Starr Conspiracy - TSC