Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tiered Client Billing Rates

Level 3
Hi All- We currently use a blended billing rate in our Company, and apply this blended rate to all of the roles. Some of our clients have higher or lower blended rates, so that has been reflected in company set up. We have a client who wants us to use tiered rates based on what I will call level of experience. For example, an Account Manager would be at one rate, an Account Director would be at a slightly higher rate, and an Account VP would be at a higher rate than the Account Director. So I have created additional roles to accommodate these tiered rates, and associated them with the appropriate users. So now a user could have the default role of Account and the role of Account Supervisor assigned to them, for example. The mixed client rates are causing some confusion for the project owners when setting up their timelines, because they now have to go into each task and change the role of the user from the default role to the client-specific tiered rate role. Are there any ways to simplify this? Chris Levitsky Guidemark Health
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Chris, Yeah there are a couple of ways to simplify depending on what your constraints are. If you can set the User to have one role (instead of multiples) that would obviously be the easiest because that would be the default. If not, can you perhaps make it their Primary Role in their profile? This would also make it the default. If not, you can add the Job Role: Name to the PM's Task View then the can see the role associated with the Task and person. Unfortunately I was hoping they could change the Role inline. But that doesn't appear to be the case (WF is not letting me change that inline). But that'll lead to #4 They can bulk edit for each assignee and change the role at one time. They can also do a Grouping to see them all together to select the Tasks for the bulk edit. Hope that helps. Or maybe someone has something more fancy.

Level 3
Hi Vic- Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately we can't give users just one role, since they work on different brands (clients), and actually the client with the tiered rates is worked on less than 50% of the time. I already have given the Project Managers the role view, which helps as far as giving them the ability to see which role has been assigned, and I have suggested that they bulk edit. I agree, an inline solution would be best. As the timelines are being built, and users assigned, it would be nice if you could choose the role right there, versus having to Edit each task. Thanks again for your suggestions. Chris Levitsky Guidemark