Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

The Request page "Status" column value "New" is confusing users. Can we get some clarification?

Level 5

0694X00000ENzPSQA1.pngSummary: We direct people to the Requests page to ensure they can easily access the Projects from which their requests are derived. However, we see a status of "New" for every successfully converted project in Planning status, as well as for every request recently kicked off. It is confusing people and leading them to think the requests haven't been properly converted.

So my questions are several

1) Can we use Layout preferences to hide this Status column? That might reduce confusion and help us say "Use the Converted To column as your Bible." I can't find this in the Layout preferences section but I could be missing it.

2) Are there configurations we can make to have this column say "Closed" if the project has been successfully converted? To me, this "closes" the request, which is what this page should be showing.

3) If not, can this sheet show "Planning" if indeed that's what the status is?

The mix of request AND project data on this Requests sheet could definitely stand some fine-tuning, but unfortunately there seems to be no way to configure it in the meantime. Even the Training video (screenshot attached above) has this "New" discrepancy, unfortunately.

Thanks,

Ryan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for describing your use case for the submitted requests list and the expectations based on your workflow.

There is currently no way to configure the view to remove the Status column but something we are considering for the future.

As Skye referenced, there is a connection between the request status and the project status it's been converted to. I am assuming there is still no progress on the project that's why the request is showing as new. As soon as the project shows some progress the status of the request will move to In Progress, and when the project is complete, it will become complete as well.

If you have some time, perhaps we can discuss this in more details over a call. We can also discuss some changes we are considering to do to the list. If you would like ot have a call, please schedule a call here.

Thank you,

Anna Asatryan,

Product Manager,

Adobe Workfront.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

hi, this article should help you a lot. https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=workfront-classic&topicId=Content%2FManage_work%2...

what's happening in your instance is being described under the section "Synchronize the Default Status of the Resolving Object with the Default Status of the Resolvable Object" and what you would probably prefer is under the section next to it, "Synchronize the Custom Status of the Resolving Object with the Custom Status of the Resolvable Object"

The only other thing I would add to this is that if someone were to complete or cancel the project, it will break the automatic updating of the statuses (so bringing a project back to life is sometimes a little more manual labor than you want to see). We have enough volume that we often just ignore it when this happens, so I don't remember what the usual fix is (it might involve unlinking the issue and then relinking it).

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for describing your use case for the submitted requests list and the expectations based on your workflow.

There is currently no way to configure the view to remove the Status column but something we are considering for the future.

As Skye referenced, there is a connection between the request status and the project status it's been converted to. I am assuming there is still no progress on the project that's why the request is showing as new. As soon as the project shows some progress the status of the request will move to In Progress, and when the project is complete, it will become complete as well.

If you have some time, perhaps we can discuss this in more details over a call. We can also discuss some changes we are considering to do to the list. If you would like ot have a call, please schedule a call here.

Thank you,

Anna Asatryan,

Product Manager,

Adobe Workfront.