Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Text Mode usewidths=true not working

Level 2

Hello all -

This one is driving me crazy and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just want to set column widths in a View. Using text mode for the column I have the following:

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=Strategic Priority

querysort=DE:Strategic Priority

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

textmode=true

usewidths=true

valuefield=Strategic Priority

valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

width=4

It doesn't matter what width=xx is set to because it's completely ignored. Any ideas?

Thanks,

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi Joe,

As tiny as 4 pixels would be in the view, your text mode should work in controlling the width of the column. This leads me to believe the other columns in the view have something to do with the width. If you have other columns, make sure at least one of them does not have a width set. This gives you full control over the widths of all remaining columns in the view, a little trick I learned many years later than preferred.

If you can you paste a screenshot of the view, we can do a better job helping you. Also, I'd suggest setting the width to something a little more reasonable like 125 to start with.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 2
Joe is correct. There is an issue with widths in my reports as well. I have widths set to 250 but the column takes up the entire screen. I have no other widths set for any other columns. Jeremiah Boyle BetterCloud

Level 10
Hi Jeremiah, Are you in Classic or New Experience? I'm not seeing this behavior in Classic. Also, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies in case a maintenance patch resulted in some old code causing issues. Thanks, Narayan

Level 3
I was having this issue, and clearing the cache resolved it. Thank you @Narayan Raum . BTW @Joe Kovacs I have column widths as small as 1 or 2, that I turn red with conditional formatting to create "column sections" in my report. So I know small widths do work :-) Patricia Greene JLL

Level 10
Oooooh!!! Skinny red columns as section breaks in grids, Patricia? Brilliant. Consider it stolen. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 3
@Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore - Honored Here's an example of how I've used it... Patricia Greene JLL

Level 3
I'm having a similar issue, but I'd like to specify column widths for more than one column. I have the "widths" line in most of my columns. It's not really behaving though. It's also repeating it across my team so I don't imagine it's the cache. Any other ideas? Very nice column trick Patricia. Byron Nash INSP, LLC.

Level 10
Patricia...not sure why I didn't think of that; also stolen! :-) Kevin Quosig