Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Text Mode Help: Project Report Group by Issue / Request Name

Level 4

I am trying to determine if it is possible with Text Mode to group a Project report by the Issue / Request Name.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It may be easier to have an issue report grouped by resolving object (project)…would that work for your situation? Or even if not grouped by resolving project, could have that as a column in the report.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

I tried grouping by Converted Issue Originator >> Name, and switched that to Text Mode which resulted in:

textmode=true
group.0.linkedname=convertedOpTaskOriginator
group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
group.0.valuefield=convertedOpTaskOriginator:name
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=convertedOpTaskOriginator
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valueformat=string

Then I changed it to use the Issue Name:

textmode=true
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=convertedOpTask
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valuefield=convertedOpTask:name
group.0.valueformat=string
group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
group.0.linkedname=convertedOpTask

This seems to work. However, many projects listed on the report are grouped under a "No Value" grouping even though they have a resolved Issue / Request.

Employee Advisor

@JamesM-MERGE I used your exact text mode above in my personal Workfront instance and the same behavior occurred. The ability to report on the converted issue is relatively new functionality (prior to that field creation, you had to create a calculated custom field), and I realized that projects in my instance dating back to 2020 were the ones that weren't populating and instead were falling under "No Value." Is that the same behavior you are seeing? 

If that is the case, I don't believe there is a way to retroactively populate historical data. I tried creating a calculated field for {convertedOpTaskName} and attaching that to the project / recalculating the expression, but since the project has already been converted, it didn't pull in. 

If the behavior you are seeing dates back to 2020/2021 and you think this is the root cause, let me know and I can follow up with Workfront Product to see if there is a way around that, or a way to populate past data that I'm unaware of. 

Level 4

In my case the projects under the No Value all have an Entry Date of this year.

Employee Advisor

@JamesM-MERGE Sounds like some additional troubleshooting is required. I'd be more than happy to work with you offline, but it may be faster to get in touch with Customer Support (and cc me on the ticket if you want) as they are available 24/7. If you prefer to jump on a quick call with me, send over a DM on Experience League with some dates and times that work for you and I can send over a meeting invite! 

Level 4

Thanks for the offer. I was able to use an Issue report grouped by project.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It may be easier to have an issue report grouped by resolving object (project)…would that work for your situation? Or even if not grouped by resolving project, could have that as a column in the report.

Community Advisor

How did that work out for you?