Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text mode help needed: Report to show if the same person is assigned to specific tasks

Level 5

I need a report that will show projects where the task assigned to a Senior Web Designer (job role) is the same person as the task assigned to the Web Designer (job role).

I need some guidance on the best way to accomplish this, please.

• I’ve been working on this with a task report, but would another type be better?
  • I have the report filtered by:  Task>>Name contains Web Design Code
  • Additional info: Web Design Code tasks would be assigned to Web Designer job role, Web Design Code Review tasks would be assigned to Senior Web Designer job role

I’ve been struggling to produce the text mode so the report will only include tasks assigned to the same person. In the attached screenshot, you can see an example of ‘matched sets’ of tasks that I would want to include:

• The tasks with green arrow, both assigned to the same person
  • The tasks with yellow arrow, both assigned to same person
  • Some projects will only have one set of tasks (will not have Web Design Code II/Web Design Code Review II, for example)
  • I do not want the report to include the project if Web Design Code is assigned to Ali, but Web Design Code Review is assigned to Rob, for example

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

I'm not sure that text mode is specifically needed for this report.  Can this be built with existing filters and logic?

Something along the lines of - A task report where the tasks contain _____ assigned to _____ and / or ______ 

Level 5

Thanks for the reply, Richard. I'm not aware how to accomplish this with existing filters. Could you provide some more info, please? It needs to pull projects where the task assigned to the Web Designer (job role) is the same person that is assigned to the Senior Web Designer (job role) task.

If two different people are assigned to those job roles, then I don't want the project included on the report.