Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Report: Inactive Users with Incomplete Tasks

Level 3

I'm trying to come up with a report that will show me tasks that are assigned to inactive users. I've only gotten so far as creating a simple Task report that filters on:

Task >> Percent Complete is Less Than 100

And

Assigned To >> Is Active equals False

This will show all tasks in which *any* of the assigned users is inactive; which doesn't help much because it includes tasks assigned to multiple users, some of whom are still active. I've tried tweaking these filters looking for that magic trick that will yield us only those tasks in which, ideally, *all* of the assigned users are inactive; or at very least, tasks that are only assigned to one person, and that one person is inactive. Help?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Dave,

This is a relatively advanced question, but if you're game to do some research, rather than the 1:1 "Assigned To" primary assignee, I 'd suggest you use the 1:many Assignments object (technically, assignments:assignedTo:isActive) to check "everyone", and once you're comfortable with that, use those concepts in an EXISTS statement (well, a NOTEXISTS statement, technically) to then return only those Tasks with NO active user assigned.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Dave,

This is a relatively advanced question, but if you're game to do some research, rather than the 1:1 "Assigned To" primary assignee, I 'd suggest you use the 1:many Assignments object (technically, assignments:assignedTo:isActive) to check "everyone", and once you're comfortable with that, use those concepts in an EXISTS statement (well, a NOTEXISTS statement, technically) to then return only those Tasks with NO active user assigned.

Regards,

Doug