Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Task report grouping with an IF statement ("No Value" name replacement)

Level 10

Hi all,

I have a task report that is grouped by assignedTo:name. All the rows are grouped by assignee name except for the "No Value" group of tasks that are assigned only to a team or role.

I would like to highlight this particular group by changing No Value to " Hey, you guys need to assign these tasks!" instead of "No Value", or something like that.

I've tried an IF statement right in the grouping but couldn't figure that out.

I've tried the below three calc field attempts on a task form to maybe group by that but keep getting "Calculation Not Valid":

IF({assignedTo}.{name}="No Value",ABCD,{assignedTo}.{name})

IF(ISBLANK({assignedTo}.{name}),"ABCD" ,"assignedTo:name")

IF(ISBLANK({assignedTo}.{name}),"ABCD" ,{assignedTo}.{name})

Has anyone done this successfully? it seems easy until I tried to do it. Am I even thinking about it the right way? It's probably just a syntax problem but still.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

If I use a calculated field, that means I'll probably have to add that form to every single task in every single project. That's not gonna work. That's a LOT of overhead for one report.

Level 10

Got it!

textmode=true

group.0.displayname=•

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=assignedTo

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name

group.0.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({assignedTo}.{name}),"These tasks have not yet been assigned!!!" ,{assignedTo}.{name})

group.0.valueformat=string

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.linkedname=assignedTo

Employee

Hey Randy! Thanks for posting your thought process and your ultimate answer! I'm sure this will be helpful to others!