Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Report for Projects by Converted Issue Originator - Can it be done?

Level 3

I am trying to build a task report to show tasks with a particular custom field but using the user wildcard to only display projects in which the user is the OpTaskOriginator.  I attempted the below using the API explorer and references across tables, but am getting an error.  Did I make a mistake in the text or am I trying to do something the system can't do?

DE:Key Date=Yes
DE:Key Date_Mod=in
project:status=CUR
project:status_Mod=in
project:convertedOpTaskOriginator:ID=$$USER.ID
project:convertedOpTaskOriginator:ID_Mod=in

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you might have a typo in your code. I'm looking at the API explorer and I don't see the colon between originator and ID. In the api explorer under project, the converted optask originator ID is all one word.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you might have a typo in your code. I'm looking at the API explorer and I don't see the colon between originator and ID. In the api explorer under project, the converted optask originator ID is all one word.

Level 3

Thank you, Skye.  You have pulled my sanity back from the edge. 

I appreciate your help.

Community Advisor

so much of my troubleshooting of my own work has ended up with discovering typos! It's very common and ends up being the first thing I check against the API explorer. The important thing is that your technique is sound, you just need your eyes checked LOL