Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task Report : Cross-project predecessor's Portfolio or Program

Level 3
Does anyone know of a way to view or report on a tasks cross-projects Portfolio or Program? Thank you! Chris Thygersen
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi Chris,

Here is a column you can add to a View or Report to pull that info:

displayname=Cross Portfolio / Program

listdelimiter=<br><br>

listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({isCP}="true",CONCAT({predecessor}.{project}.{portfolio}," / ",{predecessor}.{project}.{program}))

valueformat=HTML

Hope that helps!

-Justin

Level 10

Hi Chris,

Justin's helpful Task-level textmode will pull back the name of each related cross project "portfolio / program", so if that's all you need, you should be all set.

But if you're looking for More...

Since {predecessor}.{project}.{program} is at the 3-hop technical limit, it might not be possible to reach any further (hop-wise) for additional information besides the names; let alone visualizing the impact of those other "Feeder Projects". Several months ago, one of our cross-project-aficionado clients asked us to solve both those challenges for them, and -- your timing being perfect -- we completed it this week. We are conducting final signoff with them on it today, after which we'll be releasing UberTimeline‚Ñ¢ to our catalog.

I'll make a note to update this thread with a direct link at that time, but if you or anyone else interested in visualizing a Gantt Chart of the critical paths (yes, the plural is intentional) within a Project (or Projects, such as an entire Portfolio), including "crawling back" through the cross-project predecessors to reveal the critical path(s) within those Feeder Projects (and their Feeder Projects, etc.), I invite you to email me a line at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Hi there,

Was there ever a direct link or another post to more information on pulling in more info from "feeder projects"?

Level 10

Ehm...my apologies Toneia,

I'm embarrassed to see that it's been nearly a year and (having refocused our attention on a number of other Interesting Solutions since then) we've still not released UberTimeline to our catalog.

I will move doing so back up our list priority list, but if you're keen for more information sooner, will also invite you to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Hi @Toneia Lane‚ ,

As promised, I invite you to switch channels on this over to How to visualize Multiple Critical Paths. Wait. What? and if you're interested, I then look forward to chatting further in due course.

Regards,

Doug