Expand my Community achievements bar.

Task converted in Project

Level 1
Hello all, I have a simple question. In a project, task can be converted in another project, but it will be deleted of the initial project, so the first project owner don't have view neither on the status of his initial task nor on the sub-project status or complete progression. Is it possible the have the progression of a task linked to the progression of a project and have a calculated duration task linked to duration of a project ? Thanks Marc Marc Konstantinoff Desoutter Industrial Tools
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Marc, Although there's no native Convert Task To Project in the way that you can Convert Issue To Project (or Task), it is possible to have a Task (or set of Tasks) linked to the footprint of a separate (sub) Project using the native Cross Project Predecessors functionality. For the past few months, we've been doing some very deep research on optimizing and visualizing Critical Paths across multiple related Projects (via Cross Project Predecessors), so if you or anyone else would like to wax philosophically on that matter, I invite you drop me a line here or at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore