Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

October 18 Meeting notes

Level 1
Hi, Here are my notes. A bit thin, some might be flat out incorrect! :-) .Either way feel free to add your own comments. Thank you for attending. Workfront Maine User Group -Wild Lobster Pod! October 18, 2019 Meeting Agenda: 11:30 -12:00 Arrive, meet and greet: Hannaford Home Office, 145 Pleasant Hill Rd. Scarborough, Maine. Park in visitor lot, proceed to visitor lobby and sign in. Steve or Nick will collect you in the lobby and bring you to the conference room. 12:00-12:30 review agenda, lunch provided 12:30-1:30 topic discussion We started with intros and brief descrip tions of our use of the platform. We talked about number of users and number of admins etc. Custom Forms Are you creating them yourself? What are you automating? What information are you collecting? Teams are using custom forms to reign in missing information. We commented that they must be written with the existing company vernacular/jargon in mind. Many companies use custom forms as an input form for strategy. The purpose of the strategy custom form was not to provide evidence for job approval, but to collect details, identify gaps in information. Jax has a "post completion" form that documents revisions and other job performance metrics. Diversified has a "why is it late" form that documents each time a schedule is pushed out. Both are used for continuous process improvement. Task Duration Do people use calculated assignments, simple, etc.? This was discussed, if anyone has notes -feel free to add thoughts. Workfront Experience Has anyone tried it? What do you think? Issues? Biggest improvements? A few had tried it. General comments were that it was buggy, and that some functionality just was not there. We also discussed that If you were adding or training admins a good time to do would be after the new experience has launched. System Administration How many admins do you have? How many active users? Do you handle multiple groups? If you help four groups how do you handle separate needs? Most companies have 1-4 admins serving 30-350 users. I think all admins have "day jobs" meaning that the admin role was not their primary duty. All agreed that they could make significant improvements if they just had more time. Reporting: Open to Suggestions What challenges do you have? what do you want to know? How do you get better support from WF? Task completion stood out as a large challenge to accurate reporting. Some admins will login as another user to audit the number of tasks that need to be checked off (the task is complete) and provide that feedback to the user to improve reporting accuracy. Integration: What other software programs are tied into your instance? What tasks are you tying in? i.e. accounting, purchasing, inventory Capacity Planning How do you gauge a worker's workload? Hours? Number of projects? Number of tasks? Do users log their time? Nick mobile: 207.420.7939 Steve mobile 207.318.7044 Nick DiBiase
2 Replies

Employee
This is great! I have been meaning to introduce myself to the group, perfect timing. My name is Kristin, I've recently joined Workfront to lead Customer Marketing and Regional User Groups. No real action, just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm here as a resource if you need anything. We're putting together our plans for 2020 and would love to stay in touch on how I can be of more help in your area. In the meantime I'll share these notes with our product team and let them weigh in if they have any additional comments or resources. One question - Do you guys primarily use the community to organize the meetups, or do you have an email thread or other way to connect? Looking forward to meeting you all in person (either at a local event or at Leap!) - Kristin Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 1
Hi Kristin, nice to meet you too, We mostly networked over email, and it was a collective decision when and where etc. We really havn't latched on to the community yet, but It is all about the content and if we post good things it will make more sense to get on the site. Not sure Our next meeting date, but quite a few of us are going to leap tentatively. Nick DiBiase