Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Task/Assignment Report Showing Unfinished Tasks Assigned to Me

Level 10

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been covered, but my search-fu here is weak. Pretty sure it's been discussed:

I need a report that shows all the unfinished tasks assigned to a user regardless of whether they are the primary assignee or not. Many of our tasks are multi-person assigned but we have no concept of the "primary" assignee in our process.

I have a Task report that does just that, BUT it keeps tasks on the list until EVERYONE on the task has marked it done. So even if the user viewing the report has marked their part done, the task lingers on their report if others are working on their part.

Users are understandably annoyed and it's a huge problem for this report/dashboard.

I tried an assignment report, but it seems the only way those work is for the PRIMARY assignee. Which in my case means they don't work at all.

Help me Obi-Wan…

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - assignment reports show each assignee as a separate line item, so every assignee is the "primary" Assigned To person. :) Assignment reports also has its own "status" {Requested, Working On, Done} so you can setup the report to remove the task from the report when the person clicks "Done with My Part" or when the whole task is complete.

I did a presentation at Leap a few years ago. Here is the info from the report I presented. Let me know if you need any help with your adjustments to it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - assignment reports show each assignee as a separate line item, so every assignee is the "primary" Assigned To person. :) Assignment reports also has its own "status" {Requested, Working On, Done} so you can setup the report to remove the task from the report when the person clicks "Done with My Part" or when the whole task is complete.

I did a presentation at Leap a few years ago. Here is the info from the report I presented. Let me know if you need any help with your adjustments to it.

Level 10

@Anthony Imgrund‚

So based on your description it sounds like I had already done it correctly, and was just doubting myself based on another Community post. Here's the filter I am using on my Assignment report (below). Is that correct?

Level 10

Yep! The only thing I would add is Task Status does not equal Complete as well. Because if you complete a task for someone and they didn't physically hit the Done with my Part button, it will stay on the list. :)