Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Approval getting task assignee as the default approval

Level 1

I have a project where it has a task the need a approval when it reaches a status. The person who needs to approve the task is the one assigned the task. The person in question can change per instance of the project. So my question is there away in WF so the approval process for this task is automatically on who the approver is?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Not sure I fully understand but will take a shot:  a project has a Task A, Kurt is assigned to it and the task also has an approval on it in which Kurt is the approver.  The next project Task A approval now has Sean on it so Task A also needs to be assigned to Sean...I think I got it.  Unless you have Fusion there isn't an automatic way to do this in the system, it is a manual effort to assign your task and/or mirror that person to the approval of the task (vice versa its still manual effort).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Not sure I fully understand but will take a shot:  a project has a Task A, Kurt is assigned to it and the task also has an approval on it in which Kurt is the approver.  The next project Task A approval now has Sean on it so Task A also needs to be assigned to Sean...I think I got it.  Unless you have Fusion there isn't an automatic way to do this in the system, it is a manual effort to assign your task and/or mirror that person to the approval of the task (vice versa its still manual effort).