Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calculated Field - Entered By Population

Level 1

Hello All, 

I am trying to add a calculated field to custom forms. I want the form to populate who entered the data into the custom form for Issues/Requests. Attached is what I have, but what it gives me is the person's ID number instead of their name. What do I need to do change and/or add to get what I need to populate?

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 11.02.54 AM.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try using {enteredBy}.{name} That usually works anytime you want to grab the name instead of the ID.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Is the person who filled out the custom form the same as the person who entered the issue/request? If so, then that's a native field, and on reports and things you can add the enteredBy: Name field.

If it's not the same, I'm not sure the system could confidently know. Do you have a plan for that?

Level 1

I am aware we can pull the information by using the report enteredBy: Name field, but we have a customer who wants their name to autopopulate while they are filling out the issue/request.

Community Advisor

That's not how it works, unfortunately. Calculated fields don't process until it's been saved. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try using {enteredBy}.{name} That usually works anytime you want to grab the name instead of the ID.