Expand my Community achievements bar.

Suggest a Topic for Future Webinars and Win a Prize!

Level 3
Our webinar team has the goal of producing one webinar every week. I want to make sure these webinars are relevant to you, that they're answering your questions, and helping you master the Workfront platform. If you have suggestions for future webinar topics, please let us know by commenting below. Your comments will be counted as your entry into a drawing for some Workfront SWAG. If there's a topic you'd like to present a webinar around, drop an email to NatalieWard@workfront.com and let her know! Carina Wytiaz Workfront
21 Replies

Level 10
Topics of immediate interest to me: 1) Common Text Mode Coding Examples - those most frequently used in reports 2) How to create links inside reports columns 3) How to create matrix reports (various examples like one using dates and one using yes/no that something exist) etc ... 4) How to create calendar with various types of dates/entries on it 5) How to create an external customer and then send them a report or dashboard - showing us the demo from the external customer point of view. Thanks for asking... Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Hi Carina, It would be great to have a webinar titled something like "Resource Management - The Big Picture". My idea is that the presentation would cover the end-to-end flow of Workfront based on usage of the new resource & scheduling tools. If the tool hasn't been released yet, provide an overview of its intended functionality and how it fits in the overall workflow of the system. I.e. I would like to see how the tools have been designed to fit together in a best-practice workflow for using Workfront. e.g.: Demand Management - setting resource estimates on business cases and then deciding which projects to proceed with (especially if resource availability is a factor in the decision). Resource Capacity planning - Across our resources, what capacity do we have in various teams/roles/locations, and what do we need? Resource Planning - prioritising approved projects based on resource demands, moving projects around to fit resource availability as required, and then approving budgeted hours for those select projects. Scheduling - Finding available resources with the correct skillset (role) and assigning them to tasks for the projects with budgeted hours. Reporting on Utilisation and Availability for resources - ideally using custom data as filters/groupings. Obviously it can't be an in-depth how-to for every step of the process, but it would be really helpful to understand where the solution is headed so that we can plan and improve our setups and usage in order to support where the system is headed. Cheers David Cornwell Pentana Solutions

Level 1
Best practices for capacity planning for creative teams! Laurie Swinton Empire Life Insurance Company, The

Level 4
A couple of suggestions: Maintaining a Clean Instance - ideas on how to audit what fields, forms, etc. are actually being used (and which are not). Tips on paring things down and keeping clutter to a minimum Popular Text-Mode Reporting Codes - Top-10 reporting items that need to be accessed via text mode. Examples: pulling data when Workfront only provides the ID Number of that data (i.e. the Project Sponsor's ID is provided, but you need their name) Greg Troester CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.

Level 2
Hi, We're interested in the following: Reporting Text Mode coding examples and best practices Exploring the power of graphs (e.g. combination graphs, how other use 'gauge' and 'bubble') Agile marketing in practice - case studies of how others are using agile in to run their marketing strategy and operations teams Idea Exchange - run through of how Idea Exchange ideas are reviewed, prioritized and implemented WorkFront governance and documentation - case study re: how others govern access, new requests and changes for their WorkFront instance (e.g. how are others keeping consistency to prevent small changes from causing larger issues, etc.) Please let me know if there are questions. Thanks! Ladell Fuqua Condé Nast | Hearst | PubWorx Services, LLC

Level 2
Thanks, David! We actually have a webinar scheduled on Sept 7th on Resource Management within Workfront! It's great to hear that this will be a welcome topic! I will take these details and review them with our speaker and try to incorporate what we can where we can-- and we could also address some and converse in the Q&A. Join us! Thanks for your thorough feedback! Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 2
This is a great suggestion, thank you, Laurie! Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 2
This is a great list, Benetta! Thanks for responding--this will help us shape future topics. Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 2
Great suggestions, Greg! Thanks for your feedback. Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 2
Excellent list, Ladell--thank you! This will help shape our topics for the coming months. Reporting and text mode is a consistent theme, but all topics you mentioned here are great. We appreciate your input! Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 4
I'd be happy to do a webinar on Building Nests - The Power of Nested Lists in Workfront Reporting -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Have webinars on topics discussed at LEAP like Meeting Agenda Automation. Many of us were unable to attend and there seemed to be many, many topics of discussion. Susan Pfeil Disney Vacation Club

Level 2
Thanks, Melinda! I have you down and we will review our schedule and reach out to you in the future! Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 2
Great feedback, Susan, thank you! We do have a Best of Leap Webinar series where we actually have the speakers present their session in a live webinar format with Q&A. Our webinar tomorrow is our next Best of Leap webinar. We have Cynthia Boon from GM Financial presenting her popular session on Implementation and Adoption. We look at the highly attended sessions and topics first at Leap, but are there any other specific sessions you would like us to consider? Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 8
Hi, I see that Resource Management is already planned for September 7, which is great news. I would love to see some sort of practical application type webinar that encompasses all of the new resource scheduling and planning features. I'm finding it hard to put all the pieces together, so it would be helpful to see it from the beginning, i.e. setting up a project, using the scheduling tool to assign resources, using the planning tool in relation to the project, etc. Jenn Jennifer Tanabe Director, Project Management Vertical Measures

Level 2
Thanks for your thoughts--I like how you outlined your needs. I will pass this on to our speakers! Natalie Ward Workfront

Level 9
@Benetta Perry and @David Cornwell you've been picked as our winners for this thread! I'll be sending you some swag. Watch for an email from me today for more details. More chances to win Workfront Swag will be coming up soon. Feel free to keep suggesting webinar ideas in the comments below. Nate Bagley Community Manager Workfront natebagley@workfront.com | 801.477.9712

Level 10
I am EXCITED. Thank you. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Thanks very much Nate and the Workfront team! David Cornwell

Level 2
Congrats-- and thanks for your feedback! Natalie Ward Workfront