Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Soooo Many Weird Glitches last 2 weeks !! Is it just "Us"

Level 7
I see a lot of similar issues but I can't submit enough help tickets to keep up with everything going on and get any work done. ***Is the custom form "pop-up" view a new feature? a lot of my custom form fields are suddenly not working and preventing users from filling out and submitting--I am having to make some required fields UN REQUIRED just so work can keep moving....been a very frustrating 2 weeks. many screens in general just go "blank" and my "Back Log" view is entirely gone preventing me from adding stories (all my work) as it's stuck with an error that occurred while I was creating a custom view --it's just frozen there. Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.
25 Replies

Level 6
Hi @Tegwyn Stockdale we are also seeing a lot of issues since the 2019.3 roll out. I've not heard our users flag custom forms as a problem though. Our PMs report problems making/saving inline edits to their timelines - rows disappear during the save and only appear after a refresh, predecessor edits not resulting in date changes without a refresh, very draggy performance, PM must frequently initiate timeline re-calculations to see their changes, etc. We also have a few tickets open but these issues do not appear consistently, so troubleshooting is likely to be difficult. Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 7
Thank you @Catherine Hayes for feedback - sorry you are experiencing problems too but I was hoping to report back to my users that it's not just US (or me in particular) - I'm usually VERY aware when it's something I've done to cause things to "break" lol -- and I can typically "fix" them - but when users get frustrated and I have nothing to tell them aside from "workfront has been really glitchy" it stops going over very well especially when there hasn't been an entire day of relief lately. maybe a nice long weekend will help....pending hurricane aside. Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 10
We've had a few wierd things, but not huge volumes of them. Some of the issues: Project task list blanking out to white then reappearing when scrolling. Still trying to replicate this consistently before submitting it. Task list headers showing mid-way down the page. Resolved by clearing browser cache. Weird task duration and planned hours on assignments disappeared. Resolved by project timeline recalculation. On project task list, we couldn't drag and drop tasks to re-order them....resulted in red error message. We reported this and it seems to be fixed now. On the custom data popup window, the Save/Cancel buttons were overlaid with the form data. Regards, David David Cornwell

Level 10
OK, maybe I spoke too soon @Tegwyn Stockdale . I've had some frustrated PMs complaining about another serious issue. On larger projects (several hundred tasks), when editing a date on a task, it greys out and reverts to displaying the original date. Other related successor tasks also grey out. They just sit like that and don't come back with the updated dates. The only option to get them to update is to reload the screen. Related to the above, when you reload the screen, it goes back to the Updates tab, rather than the Tasks tab. This causes extra clicks and then lots of scrolling to get back to viewing/editing the section you were on. In the old tasks list it used to reload on the Tasks tab and take you to the task number you were viewing. One more issue related to reloading, is that column widths are not staying the same. They gradually get smaller and smaller after each reload, requiring users to expand them over and over again throughout the day. Regards, David David Cornwell

Level 3
Hello, You are not alone. We have several tickets open with support on a very buggy UI. Task List Blank: 00162241 Task view with related collections crashes: 00159404 Tasks not moveable within a project: 00161145 Cannot update custom data with contribute access to project: 00152277 Documents inaccessible on mobile devices: 00160096 Task list not recalculating timeline, strange planned hours behavior: 00162702 I am interested to hear if any of your issues get resolved. @David Cornwell : We have seen intermittent resolution with the task list movement, which is why our ticket is still open. Thanks, Dale Whitchurch Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc

Level 7
@David Cornwell and @Catherine Hayes Here's to a Tuesday and a Week that is better than last 2 . we've been experiencing everything you mention also Here's another thing for production to deal with. typically ALL our tasks are "As Soon as Possible" and we have to change a first proof date /time to reflect 5pm which makes that a "Must Finish On" ---but that never changed constraint of tasks above - but it does now....so we have to manually "fix" those....we never change the first proof date to not fall in line with schedule above so Ido not know why that has become a very tedious problem to fix. going to check on my back-log....I fear it's going to look the same and I will have to reset all me presets and lose my custom tabs and start all over =( Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 6
@David Cornwell we are seeing exactly the same thing issues with task lists. It is intermittent and so far it seems to be longer timelines too. @Dale Whitchurch thanks for including your ticket numbers. We're in the same predicament; because the issues do not show up consistently on every timeline, every time, we're working with support to track down the cause. We're definitely interested in hearing of any solutions. Browser refreshes and timeline recalculations are in use right now, but the frequency our PMs need to use them is causing bottlenecks and grumbles. FYI @Neha Kaushal Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 7
We experienced a pretty significant problem last week. I went to move 16 users into a new group by deleting an old group. Workfront freaked out in-between the move and their accounts were inaccessible. What's more, when people tried to send an update to them, they got the "Whoops!" error. Reporting was also wacky. They were out of commission for the better part of four (!!!) business days. It wasn't fun being The Workfront Guy then. Not sure if it's due to the 2019.3 update, but dang...it was extremely unpleasant. John O'Sullivan Bristol-Myers Squibb Company

Level 10
@Tegwyn Stockdale - we have a custom form bug as well, where we had to make a field UN required in order for users to submit. But this happened way before 19.3 for us, on June 24th. The case is still open, here is the Case Number 00150306 in case that helps and its a similar issue. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
Not sure if its related to @David Cornwell 's #3 issue (Weird task duration and planned hours on assignments disappeared. Resolved by project timeline recalculation.) However, when we edit schedules and update durations, the dates on subsequent tasks (with defined predecessor relationships) are not flowing through automatically. We need to do a 'force recalculate timeline' after every change. Very annoying!! Reported to Support. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 1
I have been experiencing similar issues with updating tasks, dates, and blank screens requiring a refresh. It has definitely slowed down productivity and made me concerned that changes will not be saved. Paul Hourigan Halton Regional Police Service

Level 7
We're running into a fair amount of what's in this thread as well. We're also in the initial stumbling stages of live deployment, so being "The Workfront Lady" who keeps having to figure out workaround after workaround in a system they're all just learning and we promised was an upgrade is - an interesting challenge. I've been scolding them for changing dates instead of durations because I kept finding "Must X On" setting where there should have been 'ASAP' settings - only to find I'm the one in the wrong and it's the UI doing it all by itself. We're new enough that I can't always figure out if what I'm seeing is designed behavior I don't understand, or full out bugs so I don't have any specific tickets to share. Thanks to everyone who has confirmed we're not losing our minds though. Katherine Stibley DMD Marketing Corp.

Level 5
I just want to say thank you for posting this, besides the errors you are finding our team that is using the new home view has all "View Proof" links opening their calendars instead. So all reviews are now stuck waiting for a fix. Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 7
here's another new one --- and this one is on a pretty extensive custom form with lots of logic. Drop down menu is blank for submitters---it should list a bunch of publications when "Ad" is chosen - it shows up so logic IS still working - but they are having to type publication elsewhere instead of the oh so convenient advantage of drop down. I don't have time to submit tickets for everything and hoping some switch somewhere gets flipped back - we are over 2 years in but I still consider myself a new admin and can only say I know something for sure maybe 15% of the time. have never had so many problems after a roll-out/update. my backlog is suffering the consequences =( Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 4
So, this one is more for everyone's entertainment as it didn't impact our ability to work, but notice link circled in red at the bottom left: Jason Maust McGuireWoods LLP

Level 8
I've seen the same thing, Jason. We saw it several months ago and I submitted a ticket, but nothing ever came of it (ticket 00143552) . Since we weren't able to replicate it, we just dropped it. I'm glad it's not just us seeing it, though! Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 10
@Dale Whitchurch - can you explain your issue with 'tasks not moveable within a project" ?? A user just reported an intermittent drag & drop issue when moving tasks within a schedule. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 7
yup - we've had the upside down thing as well and now project tasks screen is blanking out again =( Tegwyn Stockdale Workfront System Admin / Production Coordinator BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 7
I've seen the Incredible Disappearing Tasks since 2019.3, but that was among people who are using either IE, Edge, or Firefox. Then again, I had some weird issues yesterday. I was trying to send a report to a user inside Chrome. When I entered her name into the name box, the whole thing went blank. Strange enough, I went into Firefox and I was able to send after I made the switch. John O'Sullivan Bristol-Myers Squibb Company

Level 3
Yes, this is when you drag a task from one location in the project to another location on a list. A workaround that we have found it turning off autosave. Just don't forget to click save when you are done. Dale Whitchurch Arthrex Inc