Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Simple(?) report that counts the number of active projects in a Portfolio

Level 4

Hi all - I'm looking to run a report that will show the number of active projects within each Portfolio - INCLUDING Portfolios with 0 active projects. We would like a way to identify Portfolios that are no longer being used.

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amy,

A simple project report grouped by Portfolio Name would display the project count for each portfolio. You could also add a secondary grouping on project status to show all active / inactive projects. However please note that a portfolio would need to contain atleast one project for it to appear in your report, it wont include empty portfolio's.

You can also add a column to your report to show the last update date of each of your projects. Seeing that all of the projects within a portfolio have not been updated in the last 3/6/9 months is a sure way of knowing that a portfolio is inactive!

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amy,

A simple project report grouped by Portfolio Name would display the project count for each portfolio. You could also add a secondary grouping on project status to show all active / inactive projects. However please note that a portfolio would need to contain atleast one project for it to appear in your report, it wont include empty portfolio's.

You can also add a column to your report to show the last update date of each of your projects. Seeing that all of the projects within a portfolio have not been updated in the last 3/6/9 months is a sure way of knowing that a portfolio is inactive!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Last Update Date! I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you so much for making me look at this in another way - this should work perfectly!